Reverting from free roaming back to a room.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaimeh761

Reaction score
We have been letting our rabbit free roam during the day and while I'm happy he's able to run around, it's just been a lot to deal with, mainly with chewing and bad potty habits. While I hope a lot of this will change after he gets fixed next week, I'm concerned that if things don't change we may have to revert back to him having reign over just a large room and not the whole house. Also concerned whether this could cause frustration or sadness for him? He'll obviously not be free roaming after his surgery for his own recovery, so hopefully that may assist with acclimation back to less house roam space. Hopefully it doesn't come to this, but looking for any thoughts or suggestions anyways.

If you do have to put him back in a large room, do a room where he is around people. I would also let him out for large amounts of time every day.
I think fixing him will help a ton when it comes to chewing and litter training, it normally does. Make sure you rabbit-proof really well just to be safe though.
https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/bunny-proofing.html

I think you will find that a lot of the bad habits with the litter and chewing will improve significantly after neutering. When I first attempted to free roam mine I couldn’t leave them for second and they needed my undivided attention or they’d be doing something they shouldn’t. With time and fixing I can now leave them free roam in the day while I’m downstairs working and very rarely have to go up because I can hear them chewing. They come back to their enclosure when called as well if I need to go out for a long period and for over night (unfortunately they are a little bit too noisy to have in the bedroom at night).

Latest posts

Back