Reversing her litter habits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

briennap

Reaction score
I have two spayed female buns in the same room and they take turns having free roam time due to them not being bonded. One of them are super territorial of her cage, and pees outside of the other buns cage any chance she gets and it's getting really annoying and ruining the carpet!! She always had perfect litter habits I've had both buns for 2-3 years, so this just recently started and I know its territorial peeing because she'll only pee outside other buns cage. How do I get her to stop this!!??? Please and thank you for advice

You could try keeping her confined to a smaller space for a while. Because it's territorial peeing it could be a little trickier to get rid of, but usually when a rabbits pees regularly outside their tray, you can make their space smaller. This generally means they end up peeing in their box with more consistency. Once that happens and they're great with it for a week, then you can expand the space back out. I'm not sure whether this would work in your situation due to the presence of the other rabbit most likely causing the peeing, but I'm not quite sure what else to suggest.

Are you intending to bond them?

I do intend to bond them but I just got my younger girl spayed in November so I was giving her time to heal up in case a fight happened she wouldn't get severely injured

Latest posts

Back