Resued an injured stray cat

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happi Bun

Reaction score
I recently moved to a new city and apartment with my best friend. Together we have befriended a stray tomcat whom we dubbed Stripes. He's obviously a stray; underweight and filthy. Lately he had been coming over for food all banged up from fights and had a nasty wound on his neck I've cleaned up and applied ointment to. After that healed he came back with an even nastier wound on the side of his neck.

He is an unaltered male that is breeding with other stray females in the area, thus adding to the problem. Being an animal lover, I could no longer sit back while he suffered and struggled alone. The problem being we have three inside cats and you know Stripes had fleas. So what I did was post an ad on craigslist pleading for help. I was so thankful when a local cat rescue responded with great news!

River City Cat Rescue is going to neuter him at no cost due to him being a stray. When he is under for the surgery they are going to clean up his neck (possibly prescribe meds) and tip his ear. This will show animal control he is being cared for and neutered, it's also a get out of "jail" free card. They are also going to test him for any bad diseases, vaccinate, and what not. A volunteer agreed to house him at her place after the neuter while he recuperates.

After learning all this we caught Stripes and put him in our bathroom until his neuter Tuesday. We also dosed him with flea meds.

11ba62b5.jpg

3dcfc940.jpg

That is wonderful you are going to be able to help him! What a cute face :)

The neck wound looks nasty, boys get so testy when it is time to breed. I'm glad you found a way to help him and the general situation.

All went well with the neuter! His wound is actually caused from a severe case of fleas and the itching/biting. Thankfully Advantage is bringing him relief now. He likely has worms if he had that many fleas, so the rescue is going to take care of that for him too. We re-named him Salem. :)

Great to hear he is doing so well. It makes me itchy thinking about that many fleas. What a relief he was able to be helped. I'm sure he is very greatful. :)

Latest posts

Back