rest well, sweet solara

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yield

leo (they/them)
Reaction score
it's been a while since i've updated or posted. in late feb, solara started to go downhill.

i suddenly got shocked by her acting like she couldn't use her back legs, and i was convinced it was her time since it was very similar to how silas went. i was a complete MESS!! we took her to the vet and she got x-rays, which told us, nothing was broken, and she proved she COULD walk, but she'd likely pulled a muscle + one of her back legs was weird- she had a strange curve in her bone that no one ever knew about (since she was born)! it affected her mobility though. she got put on pain meds and the vet said it was definitely not neurological (i recorded videos of her at home). she got brought back for an ear issue (her ears were waxy) and got those cleaned out in under a month.

04pNGnz.png

that one back leg went downhill, folding underneath her and despite absorbent bedding and butt baths and taking extensive care of her, she ended up getting urine scald on that one leg (when she peed it went RIGHT on the leg) and i could tell she was in a lot of pain. she just couldn't move properly at all and she wasn't thriving- just living. it wasn't fair for her. we took her in on march 2, and let her go.

she looked so much more peaceful in death, than she looked in those last couple days. we knew it was her time. it was so hard-- she was my very first rabbit, and while she was never the friendliest or sweetest, she was mine. i love her, and will always miss her. she's with her boys now.

Sep 08, 2009-Mar 02, 2018
dNc8mst.png

i won't be getting rabbits for a while (i've gotten a sighthound who likes to hunt wild rabbits, so - bad idea), so you probably won't see me around for a bit. but i will be back next time i get buns.
once a bun-keeper, always a bun-keeper :- )

She looks so pretty, I lost one of my first bunnies ever almost a year ago (I got 2 at same time) and I cried for several months over it, I'm so sorry for your loss. At the time I didn't know anybody else who would understand. I felt like I had lost a best friend and couldn't open up to anybody about it which made it worse. That was the first time I ever felt grief when I had lost a pet before. I always had cats growing up and never did get attached to them because sometimes cats act like they randomly want to kill you for no reason. But then I got bunnies and they are the sweetest creatures ever. Bunnies are like therapy for me, so I will always have bunnies from now on in my life.

Latest posts

Back