Resolved! Dotty looking better

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SnowyShiloh wrote:
So glad to hear Dotty is eating! Way to go, cutie pie! Also, I think Bo and I called her Dotters at the same time... I did a search, and we posted one right after the other a minute apart. Bo called her Big Dotters and I called her Baby Dotters. How funny that we came up with the same nickname at the same time.

It IS funny! Great Minds and all :)

She is a BIG BABY Dotters. :biggrin2:

mouse_chalk wrote:
She's doing better today!

She ate a big leaf of spring greens and some lettuce this morning! And I kept seeing her eating hay in the night here and there.

She had done lots of little poos everywhere, but bigger than before. Some were joined together...

I've been giving simeticone, tummy rubs, the injections, water, metacam, etc as advised

Clara the vet saw her a little while ago, and said her guts are making a lot more noise than they were before, and she seems more comfortable in her tummy as well. I have more syringes drawn up with the Zantac and Baytril for the weekend, and she is going back for a recheck non Tuesday, but can go back sooner if she stops improving.

She's not eaten anything since we got back from the vets. Typical.

She has been a lot more happy looking though. She was jumping on the bed constantly last night. We currently have no bed so we're sleeping in the tiny double bed in the even tinier spare room which is a lot lower. We also didn't realise we'd left a box at the side of the bed, which was her step lol. She just kept jumping up and snuggling up with us. I woke up this morning and she'd been licking my hand for about 20mins! As soon as I got up, she got in the bed and stretched out on the pillow on her side all happy :)

Just have to hope she wants to eat some more. A few leaves of lettuce is hopeful but not convincing enough for me....

Oh, the thought that she is wanting to snuggle up to you is encouraging... perhaps you can both heal from each other's energy? She sounds like she is happy to be home.

Best wishes to you... please eat and drink and poop, Dotty!

Denise

I'm not sure....

This morning she was looking great- she ate a fair bit of spring greens, some kale and some romaine. We gave her the meds as usual.

Since then she's not eaten anything much- a few pieces of hay but that's about it.

We did find loads of poos this morning that were about half the size of her normal ones as opposed to tiny dots which is good! But nothing much since then...

We've not syringed her anything today to try and encourage her to eat on her own....

She was so cuddly this morning though. Up on the bed as soon as I got up, and wouldn't budge after that! I've got loads of pictures of her and Steve cuddling.

It's partly getting better and partly not! :?

Although bunnies do eat, drink, poop, and pee throughout the day, we have to remember it is not "constant." There are normally periods in the day when my guys are not eating or pooping. That becomes hard to keep in mind when you have just gone throug a crisis.

For me, the hardest thing is torelax andstop "hovering" ... and yet at times like these I always hear my bunnies clearly telling me to do that. My stress level just raises theirs, which exacerbates the physical issues.

Sending healing energy to Dotty and calming vibes to you.

Kathy Smith

Improvement at all is good! She hasn't eaten a lot so it's likely her poos aren't going to be as big and normal as quickly. Being snuggly and happy is a key to being better. Keep a close watch, but i think she's slowly going to improve. Keep us Posted!

agh! poor you. i just think you dont deserve it.. *hugs.*
PS> i only read the firist few pages... good updates now.....:p

How is Dotty today? Checking this thread is the first thing I do when I wake up and get home from work or class!

Thanks guys...

She's doing better! I think! She's eaten a few more veggies this morning. Still not all of it though. I noticed that she's not pooing so much during the day, but doing lots at night? This isn't usual for her, prior to getting sick. She's also nibbling hay at night but not during the day.

She's still very cuddly and happy- she did binkies this morning!

I guess it's going to be slow progress- she was never going to start wolfing it down overnight right?

Hey, binkies are a good sign! So glad to hear she's pooping more, I'll bet in a few days she'll be as good as new!

Her natural rhythm might still be upset by all her body went through. It'll probably take time to settle back to normal. If she is still getting any medication maybe once she's off that she'll be back to normal

She's eaten loads of her dinner tonight! (She gets veggies twice daily) Steve just went up to check and she's only got a few bits and bobs left!!!! I am SO happy!

On Wednesday I really, really thought we were going to lose her. I was beside myself. I am unbelievably happy that she's better. I want her to be peeing on our bed, knocking me over for treats and waking us up in the night for a long, long time to come :)

It's great she is showingt such a good improvement :) I hope it continues!

I wonder if she is picking up on how good you guys feel. She may be a very sensitive bun and acts accordingly to how you guys feel.

Latest posts

Back