Rescues

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tori

Reaction score
Well, I've looked around on Petfinder and after seeing just how many homeless bunnies there are out there, I think adoption may be the way I want to go. So, are there any rescues around the area that has some bunnies you can visit that anyone would like to recommend? I'm located in Irmo, South Carolina but I am probably willing to travel just about anywhere within the state. I've looked on the list of rescues Leaf posted but most of those either don't take rabbits or don't have any at the moment. Thanks!

I really wish we were closer to each other. The shelter that I manage is in Michigan and we have over 100 rabbits in the shelter at this time.

Keep looking there are bound to be some really great rescues out there that would be worth the time and travel.

Have you been on petfinder and put in your zipcode? What was the closest one that popped up?

Laura

Take a look at gainesvillerabbitrescue.org. We have over 100 rabbits. If you see a rabbit you would like to adopt, we can transport. I've frequently done transports up to the GA/SC state line (I-95). In fact, I'm going to be in Columbia the week of May 4-8 and could bring one right to you.

Wow Patti, that actually sounds so great. Its awful to hear that so many bunnies are in need of homes. The only thing with that plan though is that I think I would prefer to interact with the rabbit first to make sure I feel like we are a good match. But I will still have a look :)

When I was looking at petfinder for my rabbits I saw that the House Rabbit Society has local groups all over and they had many rabbits beibng fostered in cities within a few hours of me. Just checked the directory and there is one in Charleston SC--

http://www.lowcountrybunny.com/topic.asp?pid=1

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back