Rescued three loose and starving rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happi Bun

Reaction score
I'm currently caring for three extra bunnies after learning someone dumped them outside in a residential neighborhood. I got help from a friend, we went prepared with a net, carriers, romaine lettuce and carrots. I was only expecting there to be one bunny, but two others showed up and we couldn't leave them behind to die.

They are so trusting and friendly, really great personalizes, but obviously weren't cared for properly. It was quite easy to catch them with the net, they were so starving. We did have one incident where the little one ran down the street along side a busy road, but we caught him before anything bad could happen.

There appears to be two males and one female. One adult Californian dubbed Sadie, one baby florida white (I think) named Mr. Bean and one adorable Himalayan Jersey Wolly named Mountain Dew, lol. Sadie is urine stained but a decent weight and no injuries. Mr. Bean has a nasty case of ear mites and very skinny. Dew is skinny and his ears are incredibly shredded up. Thinking a cat got hold of him.

They are settling in well at their quarantine home. Pictures to come later!

Those buns are so lucky you got them. Hopefully nothing is too serious with them - bet they are loving the TLC.

Erika you are an ANGEL. That is so wonderful that you saved these 3 bunnies. They sound adorable.

I can hardly wait to see pictures of them.

I'd like to say what i think should be done to people who let these poor little animals loose to fend for themselves but I will keep that thought to myself.

Susan

Oh i'm so glad you were able to catch them....poor little things...

looking forward to seeing their pictures..

How did you find out about them? Did you just happen to see them?

Thank you so much for helping them :angelandbunny:

I can't wait for pictures...

Thank you everyone. :) My God Mother actually brought it to my attention via Facebook. She started noticing those bunnies around looking scared and hungry across from her house. I think Mr. Bean is a Flemish Giant :hearts His ears are huge, he's got that face. He is young and very skinny though.

It's so amazing how sweet these rabbits are. I'm a bit concerned Sadie may be pregnant though.

Picture time!

Sadie - Californian Mix - Adult Female
-
Possibly pregnant, urine stained, a little malnourished, but very sweet and absolutely stunning
-
2467ca60.jpg

df95b5c8.jpg

ea4b068c.jpg

b2e14f09.jpg

Mr. Bean - Flemish Giant Mix - Baby/Young Male
-
Nasty case of ear mites, emaciated, but has a great personality
-
fe2a1455.jpg

2595fb9a.jpg

37c215ae.jpg

ae09bd3b.jpg

Mountain Dew - Jersey Wolly - Adult Male
-
Scratched eye lens, shredded ears, and complete sweetheart
-
ea618d49.jpg

e41c8773.jpg

2ec34ad2.jpg

1040c470.jpg

Oh my.. I feel so bad for them!
Thank gosh you were there to save them!!!

Poor babies! What do you plan to do with them next?

They are very precious by the way!

OMG they are all Beautiful Bunnies. They are really so lucky you found them.

Like i said in my previous post you are and Angel:bunnyangel2: for taking them in.

Susan:)

They are all adorable! And Sadie looks like a big snuggle bunny, just precious. How can people turn animals loose like that? So sad....:( They were lucky to have you find them :)

I just couldn't turn my head and let them suffer when I knew I could help. I'm not sure that makes me an angel, but I sure appreciate the compliment! The rescue wouldn't have been such a success without my best friend there to help and this all could have never taken place if she hadn't agreed to be the quarantine home. She is the angel in my eyes along with the rabbit rescue that will be paying the medical bills.

I'm very happy to let you all know that Mountain Dew already has a new home! He wont ever be leaving the home of my best friend who is quarantining them all. It's so adorable because he totally picked her to be his human. That rabbit adores her. She's the one who named him. He's going to be super spoiled and loved. The great thing is I will get to see him often!

Wednesday Mr. Bean and Sadie go in for a wellness check. Mr. Bean will get some meds for his ear mites and we will be seeing how far along Sadie is in her likely pregnancy. If it's safe to spay her and she isn't too far along then the rescue told me to go ahead and do that. It will terminate the pregnancy if it's confirmed she has one. This is tragic but in her best interest, she is malnourished and who knows what kind of genetic defects will get passed on. I'm anxious though because if she is pregnant, she must be pretty far along to be showing like she is. If that is the case she will have to go full term.

:nerves1

Erika...I have to agree with everyone. You are the greatest.

I just love Mr. Bean. He is so adorable! I hope if Sadie is pregnant she and her babies do well :pray:And everyone finds good homes :)

Latest posts

Back