Rescued Bunny Today

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plasticbunny

Reaction score
Well, I work in a pet store, and people love to try and dump their animals in pet stores. I'm constantly being asked if we would take puppies/kittens/a pet no longer wanted. Very sad.

Today, a lady came in WITH her rabbit in a beat-up cloth carrier. She reeked of alcohol. She went on about how her boyfriend had kicked her out and she needed to find a home for her bunny. She also mentioned that he pooped everywhere (I secretly think this is why she was rehoming him). We suggested our local humane society as an option, because they don't euthanize healthy small animals no matter how long they stay there. She gave us the impression that if we didn't take her bunny she'd let it loose, or worse. She did seem highly unstable.

So, I looked the rabbit over. He's an adorable lionhead but he had matted fur that was obviously not brushed. One of his incisors is chipped, and his nails were extremely overgrown. And the bottom of his feet were stained like he had sat in pee and then mud. How could I say no?

Well, he's here for the night, has been groomed and cleaned and clipped and snuggled. But the boyfriend said no way are we keeping him... which I'm kind of OK with because Gus needs all of my bunny attention right now to become the lovebun I know he can be. But it is still kind of disappointing because he is so darn cute.

Anyway, he's off to the no-kill shelter tomorrow, where I'm sure he'll be adopted right away.

14252_252344_450000001.jpg

14252_252344_430000000.jpg

*_* wow he is just beautiful! I'm sure he'll find a great home straight away, who could resist. It is so disheartning and disgusting to hear about people who see animals purely as an accessory or play toy especially when rabbits are such intelligent and rewarding creatures. You have definately done the right thing, that bunny is in a much better position now thanks to you.
Can you bring him over to australia? I would keep him :p

Oh, I wish I could keep him. Gus is such a jerk and this little guy is so sweet, my boyfriend suggested bringing Gus to the shelter instead of this little guy, lol... But, I'm not giving Gus up to take this one in. For better or for worse when it comes to pets, right? And even though Gus is what he is, he still deserves an amazing home with someone who won't give up on him.

He's adorable. Can you not try to bond him with Gus? Who knows it may be "Love:heartbeat: at First Sight" or should I say "Bite"

I agree with you, I honestly don't know how people can give away their pets. I get so mad when I read these stories. My life for the past 2 years has been nobed of roses but l woul NEVER give up any of my pets.They bring me more joy then alot of humans do. Sorry for the rant.:pssd:

Good luck with the sweetie, I'm sure he'll find a great home.

Susan:)

It was probably best for the poor little guy that he was given up. Now he can get a home where he will be loved and taken care of. Thank you for getting him cleaned up and ready for adoption, I'm sure he won't be at the shelter long. :hugs:

Such a cute little bunny. I've felt for along time that there are a lot more people in need of neutering than animals. Too bad you can't keep him, but, he is such a sweet little guy and so good looking that he shouldn't be there that long. Here's hoping.

plasticbunny wrote:
Oh, I wish I could keep him. Gus is such a jerk and this little guy is so sweet, my boyfriend suggested bringing Gus to the shelter instead of this little guy, lol... But, I'm not giving Gus up to take this one in. For better or for worse when it comes to pets, right? And even though Gus is what he is, he still deserves an amazing home with someone who won't give up on him.
Gus is one lucky little cranky bum! xD

Nancy McClelland wrote:
I've felt for along time that there are a lot more people in need of neutering than animals.
:yeahthat:

Latest posts

Back