Rescued a rabbit tonight.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhoffman

Reaction score
I was talking with a local lady the other day, and somehow we got talking about rabbits. She asked if I wanted another. At first I said no, I figured I had enough. Well, she said that her neighbour has one ( no one lives on the farm anymore) and that this lady didn't want it anymore. Poor girl didn't get ANY attention. When we got there she was running back and forth in the hutch. It took 15 minutes to catch her. I don't think she had much longer left in her life.. I have a feelng she wasgoing to be let go or something if no one took her soon.

So, now I have another rabbit to work with, to get tamed. She wont be used for breeding, I don't know her age or breed. so, I don't want to chance anything with her and I don't know her history.

No pictures as of yet. She is a hard one to get one of. She is very wild. As soon as I go near the hutch (she cant see us), she goes crazy. She runs im sure as fast as she can around her hutch, jumps about 2 ft into the air and hits the walls. I honestly do not know how I am going to manage feeding and watering her today without her hurting herself or getting out. I plan on leaving her a raisin or two each time I feed her. That has worked with my other rabbits that I have tamed so far. But then again, none have been as crazy as her. Maybe I will get a video of her instead of a pic :) . If anyone has any suggestions on her, let me know.

All I can say is thank you for giving her a chance! In my eyes you are a bunny hero! I hope you can find a way to care for her without stressing her out so, poor little bun. Is there any natural safe for bunnies herb or food that could be added to her water or diet that would calm her a bit until she learns she is safe & loved?

Try giving her a hidey box that she can hide in and feel more secure. Then maybe she won't freak out so much cause she'll have a safe place to hide.

I'm glad you gave this rabbit another chance. She may not be used for breeding, but you are giving this rabbit a loving home. I think the hidey hole suggestion is a great one for this rabbit. She seems to have a high prey instinct so a chance to hide out of sight may make her feel more comfortable.

I know this adoption means more work for you, but it also shows how big your heart.

Yes, she has a couple hidey places actually, but she still runs around. I know it is work having her here.. but luckily I am a stay at home mom, I have a LOT of time and patience for working with her. She doesn't seem to be "mean", just scared. I am sure she just needs time... lots of time. I gave her a raisin in her dish today. We will see if I can win her over with raisins lol. That how I managed to get my other ones tamed :) . My main concern right now , is her hurting herself... with the throwing herself against the wall.. that makes me nervous.

Latest posts

Back