Replace hay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hermelin

Reaction score
What can replace hay for rabbits, that will work.

Where I live we have a large scale shortage of hay and it’s really hard and expensive to get. I’m worrying for the winter (winter often it’s between November to March/April), now when it’s really hard getting good quality hay.

I have no problem getting hay for my young buck but for my french lop she need to get hay from farmers so her stomach won’t stop working and get bad.

So really need to find a way for my french lop, so she will survive the winter. Had a close call with her stomach, because the hay was bad some weeks ago but manage to find a farmer that could sell me a little hay.

I don’t understand, why can’t you feed the hay that you are feeding to the young buck?

The hay my young buck get it’s from a pet shop, it’s not good quality and my french lop stomach get bad when she get hay from pet shops.

I tried with hay from different pet shops for my french lop but none help her and her stomach started to get bad.

Latest posts

Back