Renting dramas !!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBunny

Boomer Bunny
Reaction score
Soooooo, at the moment Boomer (my rabbit) is a fugitive hiding inside my house. He has committed no real crimes but the real estate (not the actual land owner) has been very annoying and messing everything up, and technically i am breaking my lease agreement at the moment which can be grounds for termination.... ok lets start from the beginning....

I rent a unit through a real-estate place and my sister rents the one behind me. the real estate put us under the same lease for 2 separate homes which is fine but..... anyways I asked permission through an email, for a rabbit months and months and months ago. permission was granted and they told me through a phone call. anyways they sent out a lease agreement for a caged rabbit and all these conditions to spray the house when leaving and clean carpets, fix any damages it may cause...etc. i signed and sent it back...

Weeks later they told me i have to sign an agreement to which i replied that i already had and sent it back. so they never got it. anyways they sent a new one which now has my sisters name on it and also mine and want all of us to agree to their conditions. what they are asking is me to now have to spray BOTH houses when leaving even though i was the one who asked permission for my unit and was granted verbally, but it is all one lease and all conditions cover both houses. now i see how they could do that since it is one lease but the conditions i asked and they agreed were for my unit to have the rabbit not theirs. anyways i signed it and changed a whole bunch of typing on it to just be about me and my unit. but i hope that they accept it and not take it any further. the problem being my sister will NEVER agree to signing a lease agreement to which she had no part of and why should she, she didn't want a rabbit and doesn't want to spend a few hundred dollars spraying a house for no reason upon leaving this place. and why do they even need a whole house spray if the conditions say to only keep the rabbit outdoors. talk about being greedy and over the top.
oh, you also have to use their own approved companies for spraying instead of finding your own or finding the best deals.... probably will be the most expensive company around here.
anyways i'd hate to be kicked out of this place and be homeless. i'm only a few months off buying my own home so was hoping to stay here until then.
The actual land owner came to fix something once and seen Boomer. he had nothing to say about the rabbit and where i kept it, so i have a feeling this is all the real estate and not coming from him.
I think i am just going to have to pay them a visit and discuss this with them. but if they stand by that both units are one lease so then should be seen as it is one house hold, and have to both agree to their conditions, then i have no hope and wont be able to keep Boomer here.

Renting can be a big pain in the bottom sometimes!

i knew i should have photocopied the agreement last time to have a copy for myself. silly me of course only thought about it and never actually done it. could have saved myself lots of messing around....

VENT AND RANT OVER...................................................... for now.......

I can understand if there is a mix up. I'm not sure why they would have both your and your sisters unit under one lease. I can see how someone might think they should have a pet agreement under both of you since you are on one lease but really they should be able to draw up paper work that covers just you and your unit.

I hope it works out for you to be able to stay until you can move.

I would for sure go talk to them and get it straightened out maybe they did have the first one and misplaced it under somewhere else.If so make a copy for yourself. I would also discuss the options of the companies and explain the prices maybe out of your range financially.Real estate companies are always super picky when it comes to pets the one house I looked at had height limits and weight limits on dogs and you had to have them fixed kept indoors no outdoor chains/kennels.I am sure it will sort out if you speak to them hopefully you can work it out so you can survive long enough to get out alive and financially sound...

so when i took Boomer to the vet today for his first health check i went to the real estate place too (2 doors down from the vet)
I talked to the girls about the situation and asked if it was possible they could write up an agreement for only my unit with those conditions. i was informed by 2 different people that the pest spraying only applied to cats and dogs and it wont need to be done when i leave... doesnt apply to rabbits.... so that is good news. they told me just sign it to say i can have the pet and send it back. so that is great to hear... :) glad i went and seen them.

ALL IS GOOD NOW. I just freak out about when things dont go to plan. I just love my Boomer so much and had done all the right things to be able to have Boomer and him living here. so when something comes in the way to jeopardise all that i freaked out a little.

Latest posts

Back