Renal failure?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
k. Today we had x-rays and seras got a clean bill of health. Liver looked good, bladder looked good, kidneys looked good so what do you know. Really, she's such a healthy rabbit, she makes things easy lol... but the issue.

She does have one colasped midback bone.. the vet made it seem like the cartilage is gone on her spine? But with her acting normal, he says it doesn't seem to have affected her at all.. but it can cause pinched nerves that can affect the bladder. He says good news, we don't need surgery or anything, bad news theres no fix for this. It's just something she's gonna live with for the rest of her life.

soooo this means.. everyday i've got to dry/clean her bum, tail, feet, legs. I love our vet but he kinda was saying her life span depends on us.. she could live 10-12+ years. But if our i guess patience runs out before then? i could never think of putting her down just because i gotta clean her everyday.

Oh! and she gained a tiny tiny bit of weight but she did! i'm soooooo relieved shes all good. ah well.. my bun's starting to get a little old. =)

Latest posts

Back