Remy doesn't like carrots, any suggestions for veggies he might like?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Remy The Rabbit

Reaction score
Hi! I've tried giving Remy carrots before, but he doesn't really like them. He'll either not eat it entirely or nibble it and leave. I've tried cucumber, tomato, and other common veggies. He hasn't taken a liking to really any, he just likes certain fruits. Are there any veggies your bunnies go crazy for? Remy is very picky and selective about his food, LOL! Thanks! :D

Best wishes~
Remy

My bunnies love herbs ( lemon balm, mint, parsley, basil and so on). None of the veggies you mentioned are good for bunnies, they are just treats and myself never feed tomato to any of my bunnies.

Leafy greens go always home for my boys ☺️

I would say one of my bunnies go crazy for nearly all food. I know that something new need a bit of time to warm up to and learn to eat. But be selective with what you give otherwise you end up with a plate stealing bunny that search the floor after any food to eat, no crumble can escape

Think more in terms of "greens" than "veggies." They need leafy greens. Carrots are high in sugar and should be placed in the treat category along with fruit. They really shouldn't be getting any fruit (or carrot) until they have been slowly introduced to a variety of greens and have regular greens as a part of their daily diet.

There's a list of acceptable greens to get started here:
https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/greens--veggies.html

My rabbit Henri loves fresh Basil, Parsley, Cilantro, and Dandilion (I spelled that wrong) Dandy-lion greens. Also different types of Oregano. Oh, yes, and fresh Mint. I sometimes weave a few strands of mint into his hay to kind of flavor it.

Had a Mini-Rex that would walk on her back legs while stretching up for Cilantro.
Lol, that's just like Theo (my mini rex)! I always make him walk on his back legs to get his cilantro.

Theo doesn't like carrots so he gets lots of romaine lettuce, cilantro, lemon balm, mint, parsley, and sometimes tomatoes and bell pepper. In the summer he just gets herbs and grass from my backyard.

My guys love endive, dandelion, kale, cilantro, parsley, and rappini.

I've tried numerous things from the grocery store that I read on rabbit-friendly veggie lists and, after time, developed an idea of their individual tastes.

My newest Bunny won't eat anything but greens. He won't touch fruits or veggies of any type, including bananas. I did discover, this week, that he will eat nasturtium blossoms. Otherwise it's a no go. I grow my back yard as bunny pasture so he gets a very wide variety of fresh greens from there. I have another bunny that's a treat monster. He loves all kinds of stuff. They are just such individuals!

Latest posts

Back