Relaxed Rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rokin14

Reaction score
Is it normal for a rabbit to calm down after getting to know you? I adopted Lucas 3 weeks ago and I've noticed at night he's much more relaxed and enjoys laying down and just hanging out where before he wanted to run around, granted he's on antibiotics for the snuffles so he might be fatigued from that but I just wanted to know if anyone else's rabbit became more relaxed? Also, he's 1 year old.

Also, are they more hyper in the morning than in the evening?

Thanks!

I know my buns were really jumpy (No joke intended.) and hyper when I first got them and after a few weeks they flop around like they own the place. I know bunnies think hangin' out & chillaxin' is a fine way to spend time together and don't seem to realize that when you're watching tv you're not watching them (since their vision is peripheral). So I'd say it sounds like your furfriend has just become comfortable in hhis new surroundings with you.

As far as activity levels, mine seem to like dusk & dawn for their most active bunny games, but I'm not sure if that's their natural cycle or because we're in FL with no a/c so those are the coolest times. (Handy hint for hot weather: Have a large piece of ceramic tile -vinyl will work, too but get nibbled- for him to lay on & freeze some 2-liter bottles. When it starts heating up, give him a "freezie" as I call 'em to lay up next to & lick. Mine love 'em!)

Good luck & bunny <3 to you & your new fuzzbutt!

Sounds pretty normal to me, at first he would have still been exploring and checking everything out too, and now that he's got everything sussed out, he can relax more :)

Latest posts

Back