relationships...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noodle

Happy Hopper
Reaction score
Was playing around with my critters last night..
And got thinking, what's everyone else's relationships like with their buns??
because with me and Pepper, we are really close and play silly buggers!
Like this....

IMG-20130430-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20130426-WA0000.jpg

DSC_0160.jpg

IMG-20130430-WA0002.jpg

The mouth open picture...so cute!!! Did he get up to that top shelf alone??? That's impressive if he did. I've heard people have bunnies that climb, but I've never seen that firsthand.

Q-tip is my snugglebug. She sits on my lap a large portion of the day and grooms my pants. She is very demanding of her snuggles, and knows exactly what she wants and how to get it. She gives goodnight kisses and sleeps in the chair next to the bed.

How did he get to the top shelf?! wow.

Ellie and I have a strained relationship right now. She has been really bad and hormonal and it makes me mad. Right now, she doesn't want to spend time with me, she just wants to get into everything. She isn't very snuggly, I guess because she's not spayed yet and because she's just this really mischievous rabbit. Maybe once she gets spayed she'll be lovey. Hopefully once she gets spayed, we'll have a better relationship.

Yes, wow, did he get on top of that shelf by himself?!

Ash and I have a pretty good relationship he likes to be snuggled and petted. And he grooms me. He has a good relationship with everyone pretty much. He even snuggles with strangers. He is such a good bunny. And such a sweet snugglebun.

I have a good relationship with all my bunnies, :) Smokeyanne is my real baby though, she loves to snuggle and get pets, she always puts up with whatever I do, even if I'm annoying her she goes along with it, Pipsqueak is a sweetie too, he only cuddles if he's in my jacket though, Olivia likes to get pet, but she isn't a real cuddler. But I love them all to pieces. :D

Thumper is great! I love him to pieces and I think he loves me. He loves getting pets and nose rubs. Will eat from my hand when he wants to eat. When he is active he comes running when I enter the room. I have only received kisses on a few occasions but he nose bonks me all of the time. Sometimes he uses me as a jungle gym and we play chase several times a day. I couldn't imagine life without him, he makes me smile on a daily basis.

I have a great relationship with my Holland Lop, Murphy. For the longest time he would ONLY let me pet him, and is calmer for me than anyone else in my family. He always gives me kisses, and likes to crawl over my legs. Special bond with my first rabbit!

Chive and I are getting there, we have a pretty good relationship now! She is a young Lionhead. She LOVES treats, and I am starting to clicker train her. Which I think is helping us bond! She will even sit calmly on my lap now. When we first got her we couldn't get near her!

Ermm Ermm. Excuse me for interrupting but...AWWW OMG WHAT A CUTIE PIE!...now that that's over.

Pepper is so pretty! Can you please ship her to me? I need a snuggle bun, cause Cosmo just prefers to do his own thing and not be bothered unless HE says so (typical male ;))

So cute. My bunnies are 14 months old and the most I can do is pet them. I'm very envious of all of the YouTube videos of parents playing and snuggling their buns. Mine do not like to be held or picked up. My vet said being that the two sisters have each other, they are tightly bonded and don't need nor look for the companionship that a single bun would need. I hope as they get older I can get them to chill out and be playful with me. However I'm happy they have and love each other. They get along amazingly well.

Franklin is my baby and anger management. He usually seeks attention from me because I snuggle with him the most. However if I'm not available he'll go up to anyone for lovins. He either wants to snuggle or free range in the backyard.

Shya just wants to do whatever she can to annoy me or get into trouble. She likes her cheeks and head rubbed at night but that's it. I'm ok with it. She's bonded to Kai anyways and tolerates him the most. So you could say while we respect each other we dont really have a relationship to speak of.

Kai is like a spoiled three year old. He knows I'm in charge but usually just follows suit with Shya. He throws temper tantrums and due to his large size and cuteness generally gets away with it. He gets his lovin from Shya but requires a very thorough ear rub from us every day.

They all know their names and come and go to their pens when needed (for the most part. Thanks Shya) They usually refer to me and mind pretty well. Daddy can get Shya to pretty much do whatever he wants though. If that dont irk all in an already strained relationship.

But someone has to love the bad ones!

Xena comes to us every so often and is friendlier, but she's also the wild child who tears up the place. Conan is stoic and a longer but wont fight you petting him. Neither are snugglebunnies but that's all right I love em anyways.

Ha how cute!! I'm glad I'm not the only one with a non-cuddly bun. Acacia is, and always has been, a very shy alert bunny. I can have her on the bed with the door closed and she is a doll- demanding pets and snuggles.

If I open her pen and sit there she will never come out on her own. I have to be away from the pen and she will come out and wander around.

If I take her out and put her on the couch or the floor she will immediately go to her condo, to memorize the fastest route there and then sometimes will come in and out on her own. Now, as for relationship.. She only grooms me back. She will take treats from my s/o and allow him to pet her but she will not lick him- she barely chins him. So I know I am hers and she is mine. But she prefers the company of her stuffed grey bunny because she doesn't have to share food with him and she can flip him around. lol

Latest posts

Back