Rehoming

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dagny

Reaction score
My heart is broken today. I re-homed my 2 buns yesterday. We are planning a cross country move with 3 dogs and 2 cats, and could not figure out a way to do it without stressing the buns to a point where I felt it would be unfair and possibly dangerous for them. They actually got to go to the lady who was in charge of the rescue when I adopted my boy. She seems very kind and extremely knowledgable about buns. We have kept in touch for the last several years since she bonded them for me. I am struggling with not feeling like I let them down and didn't try to make things work for them to stay with me. It is amazing hows such little creatures hold such a large part of my heart. I miss them so much.

Awww I’m so sorry. From someone who saw how stressed her bunnies were from a house move to the building right next door, I can understand why you felt it was best not to put them through a huge move.

I often worry about what I would do if I ever had to move back to the UK, which would involve flying and whether it would be better for them to be re-homed, despite how devastating it would be for me. I can imagine how hard a decision it must have been and how sad you are feeling.

They sound as though they will be in a lovely home, so try to take some comfort from knowing they will be in good hands.
💕

Latest posts

Back