Rehoming Fee?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

PaGal

Reaction score
I know some of you have cats and at least one of you works with rescuing cats. I need to find the kittens home and am aware that a rehoming fee should be asked to avoid undesirable homes for the kittens.

The main thing for me is to find them good homes. I am not interested in getting any money for them.

What do you all think is a good rehoming fee to ask for? I have no idea and would not ask at all except for the safety of the kittens.

Thank you!

Azerane

Mod at Large
Reaction score
A tough question, but I would probably ask for $20-$30. If you ask any less than that you're still quite likely to get people who can't take care of them or have other intents for them. If I was looking for a kitten, I think $20-$30 is extremely reasonable and I probably wouldn't expect to pay much less for a healthy kitten.

Anaira

Reaction score
I'd be inclined to think $50 would be reasonable, considering vaccinations, etc. Are you desexing them before rehoming them? If so, you'd be within your rights to ask even $100. That is not bad for vaccinations, and desexing.

Azerane

Mod at Large
Reaction score
Agreed that if you've had them vaccinated it would be worth charging a little more, the same if they're de-sexed. :)

akane

Reaction score
There's so many kittens if you charged anything for them here you'd never find them a home. Maybe if they were vaccinated and altered you could get $20.

kmaben

Reaction score
Anywhere from 20-40. Dog fighting is a really big issue in Texas. 20 bucks could go to a good home or for dog bait. Dont know how your area is. I paid 40 dollars for sebastian but we got to pick him out, he came from a good clean home, and had his first wormer.

PaGal

Reaction score
I'm not even sure at this point that it matters. I have been contacted by five people so far and not a one of them have come out to see the kittens yet. Which is fine by me because I don't want someone if they are not sure. I know there are just so many kittens available.
Sorry just a little frustrated at the moment. I believe in spaying and neutering. Our cat and dog are. It just frustrates me to be in this situation. Hubby brought home a cat and turns out she was pregnant. The frustrating part is loving the kittens and wanting the best for them but knowing there are no guarantees.