rehoming fee

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niomi

Reaction score
I ended up doing a rescue, and now have now have seven rabbits up for adoption. I was wondering how much I should ask for a rehoming fee? I have 5 six pound satin cross rabbits, and a three pound dutch, and a three pound mini rex cross. The satins are about four years old and the small rabbits are about seven years old. All rabbits are spayed and neutered.

The rescues here just charge enough to cover their discounted spay and neuter fees, around $50 or $60.

You're also 'competing' with the pet stores, so you may want to check their rates.

And if you're adopting out senior bunnies, I'd put the fee into a vet clinic 'gift' certificate, seeing as they'll probably have to contend with some aging health issues.

sas :clover:

We charge $55 for an adoption fee, but we also have to pay to have the rabbits spayed and neutered. Since these rabbits are already fixed, you could charge a lesser fee, say $25-$30. You want to charge enough that someone isn't going to take the rabbit for snake food or something like that.

Our city shelter charges $50 as an adoption fee and it includes the cost of a spay/neuter. The "steep" fee for a bunny is more to ensure that the bunny does not end up being food for someone's animal, as Patti said. $50 hardly ever covers the cost of a spay/neuter surgery!

My local rescues charge $75, but they also end up paying $200 for speuters (and that's the discounted rate). Depending on where you live, I would charge somewhere around $40-50 probably.

Our shelter charges

That include spay and neuter and microchip and one month of pet insurance.

Worming and a bath.

Latest posts

Back