Rehoming family friendly large male in RI

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats honestly adorable. I also love david attenboroughs voice it is extremely relaxing. Ive never seen him pay attention to the tv but I'll try that next time. Worked 11pm-7am just got home and he was still stretched out near the speakers so I guess he liked having the music on. I didn't put it too loud. A nice change from him hiding under my bed the last couple weeks pulling his fur. My turn to stretch out now lol
I just want to believe that with this and some other tricks you can maybe keep him and maybe your situation will improve soon :)

Youre probably right hes just seemed pretty sad with me gone most of the day and night. He runs up kind of hooting/grunting when i come in. Does your rabbit ever make noises like that?

Oh my girl is a vocal one! She will grunt when she’s not happy, impatient, she’ll oink when she’s super happy. She makes all sorts of noises, it’s really funny.

Whenever I come home from work, I always greet her with a high pitch “hi trixie” to show how excited I am to see her and she’ll start hopping around and coming up to the pen to say hello. Then I give her a pellet as a “treat”. Always use positive reenforcements so your rabbit will connect you as something positive!

Thats honestly adorable. I also love david attenboroughs voice it is extremely relaxing. Ive never seen him pay attention to the tv but I'll try that next time. Worked 11pm-7am just got home and he was still stretched out near the speakers so I guess he liked having the music on. I didn't put it too loud. A nice change from him hiding under my bed the last couple weeks pulling his fur. My turn to stretch out now lol
That’s wonderful that he was stretched out! That’s a good sign. You know, it also helps to play music/TV to drown out sounds from outside. At night, there’s always strange noises because of the wildlife and it can spook your little guy so the music/tv is a distraction for them.

This year was the first year I had to deal with an extreme amount of illegal fireworks going off near my house and I turned up the music loud enough to drown out most of the booming. My girl was totally fine and chill.

That's great! If he was stretched out he must have been pretty relaxed and happy. If you can keep him that would be amazing! :D

I'm going to take some more time to think about it but I appreciate your offer.
That's terrific. I know you have strong feelings. I hope you find a better home for your rabbit. I also hope you take comfort, that if there is no other alternative, he can be cared for by someone who believes that humans must be good stewards and not just unfeeling machines.

Latest posts

Back