Registration question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korr_and_Sophie

Reaction score
I have 2 tan bucks that I got back in June 2011. They came from a breeder who was not their original breeder (both were bred by different people). The breeder I got them from had both registered and I do have the certificates. The thing is that neither one of them has a registration tattoo. I am wondering why this might be. I don't show them and am not breeding them, so it doesn't really matter to me, I am just curious.

The only tattoo listed on the registration papers are the breeder one in the left ear. Both of those are still clear. It if the right ear that has nothing and no sign of anything that I can see. It has only been about a year since they were registered.

You should have their pedigrees and (if they really were registered) their two registration certificates. On those certificates there should be an ARBA #. That is the number that should be tattooed in the right ear.

The registration number is not tattooed in the ear when the rabbit is registered. Only an R is tattooed in the right ear by the registrar.

no. The registrar who registered the rabbit tattoos with a clamp an R with a circle. I wish i had a picture. But the breeders tattoo in the left ear should match the paperwork.

Edit: Were they registered with ARBA? I noticed you were in canada that is why i ask
Im not sure if its different though

I got them from a breeder on Oregon and they are registered with ARBA. It is the same in Canada though, so that should not make a difference.
Their tattoos do match the registration certificate. There just isn't anything in the right ear and no sign of something like it is faded.
I am wondering why there would be nothing tattooed when they were registered. They were done at the same time by the same register. It just seems a bit odd to me.

That is weird. You could always ask the registrar? My mom had bought a himi that was registered but i dont remember if we ever looked for anything in the right ear.

I had a Jersey Wooly who was a Reg. GC and he just had a little dot in his other ear instead of the R. Maybe the registrar was new and didn't have the tattoo thing yet?

I know the registrar that live closest to me uses a batt-tatt to mark the circled R in the ear...I have seen those fade and disappear completely in a week, especially if they wipe over them with anything like Vaseline.

Latest posts

Back