Registering question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moonika

Reaction score
Hi there!
I am attending a rabbit show soon, and I would like to try and register one of my bucks. I am new to showing and to registering. Everything I have read says that the rabbit has to have a full pedigree, including colors, weights, ear numbers, and names of all the ancestors on the pedigree.

My buck has a full pedigree except for some of his ancestors weights. My question is can I still register him if weights are missing?
His sire is registered, and some of the weights are missing on the sire’s side.

Any feedback is appreciated!

You can't register him if some of the weights are missing. You'd have to contact the breeder and try to track down the weights of those rabbits.
HOWEVER if the sire is registered, the ARBA must already have those ancestor's weights in their database. If the weights are missing on the sire's side, you could still register him.
You can send me a picture of the pedigree and I can look it over and see if there's any problem with it, if you want (I'm a registrar)
Also do remember the buck needs to be at least 6 months old, free of DQs and you need to bring your current ARBA membership card

Your rabbit does not need to be registered to be entered at a show (registering is mostly done once a rabbit has finished showing, so people can start the paperwork for grand championship)

@SableSteel I have a picture of his pedigree here.
There are some weights missing on his dam’s side too but I will contact the breeder about it.
Yes I am a member of the ARBA and he is over 6 months. I can’t find any DQ’s but that is up to the registrar!

Attachments

• B0AB683C-5164-41DC-A3CE-DD3C6E942117.jpeg
    B0AB683C-5164-41DC-A3CE-DD3C6E942117.jpeg
    69.2 KB · Views: 22

Latest posts

Back