Redish Color Urine?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_Kewl

Reaction score
You can track back to our original post at:http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=20524&forum_id=26&jump_to=292121

We just got 2 buns, Emily and Rocket. I have been very good about hygine and clean the cage daily and make sure they are happy and healthy. Today I got in the cage to clean and noticed the litter box was moved and there was a redish color liquid.Also looks like they were digging because there was a rip in the shower curtain we laid down.

I was wondering if this was blood, urine or what? I am very confused and worried.

Chris

Well, it's been Timothy Hay, water and Pellets(17%). They have the extra stuff in them like colored pieces and whatnot, that I have been removing and just giving them the pure pellets. In fact, me and my wife have been hand feeding the bunnies the pellets to get them used to us.

There is nothing in the cage that could get to the bunnies and they seem to be walking around and doing fine. I really doubt they have been eating the CareFresh either, so I am not sure what it could be. It does worry me a bit.

Chris

My Lucy's urine is often dark (almost red) in color. I wouldnt worry about it unless its blood. Just be sure they are drinking their water. You could put a little vanilla extract in thereto flavor it.

Is there any way you can get a timothy based pellet for them (like Kaytee's Timothy Complete or Oxbow)?

Also, if you get a larger litter box it may encourage them to go in more. And you can buy a horse pellet or Yesterdays News cat litter for litter and its cheaper than Carefresh.

Latest posts

Back