Red/orange pee ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbiemybunny

Reaction score
I just noticed that his pee is orange/red-ish , I've heard that carrot can cause orange and red-ish pee , but he doesn't have much carrot at all , he has it maybe 2-3 times a wekk but he hasn't had it in days. Why ?

Okay thanks ! He only gets leafy greens , apple and banana . And some pellets and treats.
How much apple and banana? Those are considered treats. The maximum amount of treats recommended per day is 1-2 Tbsp. So if he gets a single slice of apple, that is his max for the day -- no other treats or banana that day.

How much apple and banana? Those are considered treats. The maximum amount of treats recommended per day is 1-2 Tbsp. So if he gets a single slice of apple, that is his max for the day -- no other treats or banana that day.
Yeah , he will get one or the other once a day

Last time it was like a even orange colour now it's orange with a red dot in it .

Attachments

• IMG20210409224215.jpg
    IMG20210409224215.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 26
Honestly I don't see blood in his pee in that photo, just darker urine because he doesn't drink much so he just needs to drink more and it should improve.

I can't guarantee of course, but from this photo it is not obvious that there's blood in his urine. Your vet should run some tests before prescribing medication.

Last edited:
Honestly I don't see blood in his pee in that photo, just darker urine because he doesn't drink much so he just needs to drink more and it should improve.

I can't guarantee of course, but from this photo it is not obvious that there's blood in his urine. Your vet should run some tests before prescribing medication.
Oh no they didn't run any tests just said " The antibiotics will clear up any thing wrong with his urine so don't worry about that" and said to syringe feed him

Oh no they didn't run any tests just said " The antibiotics will clear up any thing wrong with his urine so don't worry about that" and said to syringe feed him
You shouldn’t need to be syringe feeding him unless he’s been really unwell and in recovery and not eating enough on his own. The antibiotics might put him off his food temporarily, but if he’s not eating a good amount, it might be a good idea to get a second opinion.

You shouldn’t need to be syringe feeding him unless he’s been really unwell and in recovery and not eating enough on his own. The antibiotics might put him off his food temporarily, but if he’s not eating a good amount, it might be a good idea to get a second opinion.
He's been not eating enough hay for quite awhile but eating veggies p

Latest posts

Back