Red bunny pee!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raven123

Reaction score
I was just cleaning out the playpen when I noticed that on one of the pee pads there was a patch of pee that was a little red and looked different from the other spots of pee. It’s just red and doesn’t look good. It could be blood but I’m not sure. I hope she’s ok. I haven’t fed her anything weird lately, she has been chewing on their tunnel though that’s made of plastic, do you think that could’ve caused this? I’ll put a picture here of that patch of pee compared to normal pee. I also did notice the pee in her litter box was a little redder. image.jpg
the normal pee is on the left and the weird pee is on the right. I know it’s a little hard to see but I hope you guys can see it.

No I haven’t fed them a new veggie but my sister did get some hay from somewhere else, it doesn’t look like very good hay because it’s brown so I’m kinda mad at her and want her to get new hay, they have been on that hay for about a week now because nobody’s gotten new hay, do you think that could have something to do with it? Here’s a picture of their hay they’re using right now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 3
I did buy some dried strawberries, do you think that could’ve done it? I don’t think I’ve ever given her strawberries before so that could be it.

Strawberries could make the urine look more orangish red from the plant pigments. Though if in doubt or if you see any signs of possible urinary issues like dribbling urine(small scattered spots), wet bum, straining to urinate, or bright red, pink, or streaks of blood in the urine, then phone your vet right away.

Bunnies sometimes pee red, or orange or pinkish. Crazy! Don't panic. I called my vet. My rabbits pee is usually amber colour. Lack of any other symptoms, no solids in the pee (blood), I think you're good.

Latest posts

Back