Recent pic's of my boys!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nattyw

Reaction score
Here are some pic's I took the other day of my two handsome lads! They are in at the vet today being neutered, so I hope they are OK! Feel a bit apprehensive about it all...... :(

P1010777.jpg

P1010791.jpg

Two buddys!

P1010788.jpg

Ear's up anyone!!!

P1010783.jpg

Up & Over! Astro is always the adventurer!

They're so handsome! You've obviously taken great care of them...pics are great.

They are going to need a much bigger home once they have finished growing!!! Which I have no idea when that will be! 5-6months old? They are 2.5 months now and big boys already - will hopefully have some weights from the vet today, but can do it at home too, but not as accurately (Poppy is heavier than Astro by feel...). So I think my hubby will be building them a new run next summer!!!

They are lovely looking bunnies! are they brothers? some people say not to get two males, but I guess it's okay if they grow up together and are brothers? and do you know what breed they are? I'm still learning...

Hmmm how old are rabbits when they usually reach full size? I don't know the answer to that either!

I would love to know, maybe its different with each breed?! Well they are home from their operation and doing great! They are great together, good friends and yes they are brothers!!! Got some weights from the vet today aswell, so at 2.5months old, their weights are:

Poppy 1.550kg ( 3.41 lbs )
Astro 1.350kg ( 2.97 lbs )

So I wonder whether Astro might be a dwarf bunny (dad was a dwarf & mum standard) with the 200gm difference, or maybe its not enough to make that much difference!!! I so notice that Poppy is heavier!!!

Have just edited this to include the conversion to lbs..... is this big for their age!?!?! Am I going to end up with enormous bunnys!!!???

Yeah different breeds might stop growing at different ages... maybe depending how much growing they have to do?!?

Can siblings born at the same time be quite different sizes if the parents were different sizes? I don't assume to know anything about rabbit genetics!

Glad they are doing well after their operations :)

Thanks! I did read that if mum was dwarf say and dad was medium, than you end up with 50% dwarf babies and 50% medium babies, not just a new size of bunny if you get what I mean! So very interesting, you could have two brother bunnys and they one a dwarf and one a medium bunny - I may be wrong but that is what I have read recently!!!

Yep have been nibbling and pooping and piddling so all good! They are snoozing in their bunny recovery bathroom at the moment - LOL!

I don't know if it makes a difference, but I have a dutch.. which is a dwarf breed (I think...) and I happen to have her vet records in front of me now... She was 1 lb 6.1oz when she was 6 weeks, 2 lbs 0.5oz when she was 8 weeks, and 3 lbs 13.5oz at 4 months.. so it seems like she was a similar weight to Astro. She's now a "little" overweight at about 5 lbs and some... She should be closer to 4.5 lbs or so.

Thanks! It seems (from my other post...) that they may not be HUGE after all, they just grow soooooo fast at first - is amazing!!!

Latest posts

Back