Reasonable Adoption Price ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jiminpimin

Reaction score
I previously asked if $195 was too much to adopt a rabbit. I was going to adopt from Bunny World Foundation and got the info for the pricing. Please take a look at the picture and let me know if it's reasonable for $195 total.

Attachments

• IMG_1005.PNG
    IMG_1005.PNG
    537.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I think that price is very reasonable! You would get a rabbit that has been spayed/neutered, microchipped, and you would get 2 free exams.

I've actually gotten a pair of rabbits from them (Bunny World Foundation) but that was almost 20 years ago now. I think then it was $250 for a bonded pair (fixed).

Adoption costs vary wildly per location. It will be cheaper in the midwest and always most expensive in CA. Have you called around to find out what it costs to neuter or spay a rabbit? I'm in AZ. My cost to spay a single female is $250. So buying an already fixed pair for $250 is still a bargain. In that light, $195 for a single spayed rabbit is still a bargain. Our local rescue in AZ charges $75 for a single rabbit and $140 for a pair. I went with BWF that one time because I fell in love with the blue-eyed bonded pair.

Have you let BWF know that you already have a bonded pair?? Are they willing to take the rabbit back if it doesn't bond with your pair? It can be extremely difficult to introduce a 3rd rabbit to an existing pair. It risks the bond of the original pair. You could end up with the new one bonding with just one of your rabbits and the remaining one being left without a bondmate. What would BWF do in that instance? I'd more concerned about their return policy and how they handle that, then I would be about their price.

For all that's included i think that's a great price. Neutering/spaying can get pretty pricey depending on where you are.

It was $70 for me to adopt my rabbit from House Rabbit Society in Richmond, CA. All rabbits that they rescue are neutered and microchipped. For a bonded pair, it's $100. You also got a free exam at the VCA East Bay in Oakland and you can also get a free nail trim at House Rabbit Society.

Latest posts

Back