Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhea92

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

so I have two 8-year-old lionhead rabbits (male, neutered) who were bonded, but the last month one of them (Rory) got GI stasis and a possible ear infection, so they had to be separated while Rory recovered since the other bunny (Brim) was more stressful that comforting for Rory.

He is recovered now but I got sick for about a week after he did, so I am needing to re-bond them again since they've been separated for about 2+ weeks.

Any advice on re-bonding or is it just like trying to bond for the first time?

I am planning on putting them in a bin and turning on vacuum for 5 minutes for their first session, just to keep it short and distracted. I also heard that it has worked for some people to swap them into each other's areas between bonding sessions.

Any advice on whether I should swap them into each other's space before the first bonding session so they get familiar with each other's scent again or will that make them more likely to fight when they do meet each other again?

Latest posts

Back