Rather shocking discovery..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup; I was told Teddy was a boy when I first brought her home. I didn't even think to check... Then I took her to the vet, and they were like "Did you know he's female?" Um... no. :rollseyes

That is crazy! The same thing would've happened to me if I would have taken him to get stayed wish I was planning on doing. I guess I'll have to get him neutered instead:p

Maybe he started out as a female, and was a female at his preveous owners, but then the Sex Change Fairy showed up. Happens all the time. I have herd of stories where someone at a show entered all of his rabbits as one sex or another and then all the rabbits switched sexes at the show. I have a friend who showed this rabbit at a show. The rabbit showed as 1 sex the first show (and I think won) and by the time the next show that day came up, the rabbit had changed sexes. All of this took less than 1 hr. So yes, I do beleave in the Sex Change Fairy. I have been visited by it a few times.

I still think my first bun years ago was a female but was told he was a male. I never found out for sure.....

Moral of the story is we love them anyway :)

We're kind of guessing that Faith is a girl. We'll just have to wait until we get her spayed... Or neutered.. When I checked her at 7 weeks, she looked like a girl, but it was my first time. So I just checked her again now that she's 12 weeks, and she still looks like a girl to me, but I thought I saw something tiny poking out of the middle. :?

I never had that problem with Harvey. I've had him jump on my face a few times before he got neutered. Hard to miss bunny balls when they are right in your face about them haha.

That is so crazy!! I still love him all the same and he is my precious little bun bun :) how I found out was when he was trying to hump my leg I picked up his arms to make him dance instead (lol) and that's when I saw his boy parts :eek:

I've heard plenty of stories like that, it can be pretty shocking! So far, we haven't had any confusion.

It always worries me when we got to get a surrendered rabbit and they do not know the gender, normally it means they haven't flipped them over and chances are, their nails are terrible :(

Latest posts

Back