Rat Owners <3

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aquamoonbeam

Reaction score
All you ratty lovers out there! Post pictures of your rat setups! After four years I am ready for the little cuties again but wanted to see how you all house them! :) anybody?

I have six little girl rats and they live in a Martins 695 with an add-on.

SDC11456-1.jpg

SDC11474-1.jpg

SDC11471.jpg

SDC11464.jpg

Ohh I need to pull out my external hard-drive for this one. I kept rats for YEARS. I said goodbye to my last loving few last year. Since they've passed I haven't brought any new ones home.

I miss those little garbage disposals! :D I'll post pictures ASAP!

I later added in u-channel and put up plexi-glass so I could put down litter and keep in poops. I gave the girls I had a separate cage and gave the 3 boys run of the entire thing.

ratcondoopen.jpg

ratcondoclosed.jpg

Happiness is a jar of yogies:
summer07011.jpg

BucMitten.jpg

My "sewer rat" chunk
Rizzosun1.jpg

I had my boy ratties for 2 years and then had to give them away before I left for college. My 2 girls were rescued lab rats and sadly died of tumors after a few months of having them. I may get rats again sometime in the future.. if my bf isn't too weirded out by them ;)

I have 2 boy ratties now that I got from a breeder here in AZ - they are the best rats I have ever owned! They are super friendly and so well socialized.

Thaddeus....
7252834824_1d47b1b6f3_z.jpg

Tate....
7252841512_a084517cb6_z.jpg

Both boys....
b%3E%20%20%20EXTRAS:%20-%20Tetra%20Whisper%20filter%20%28brand%20new%20in%20box%29:%20$5%20-%20Marineland%20Emperor%20280%20dual%20bio-wheel%20HOB%20filter%20%28brand%20new%20in%20box%29:%20$25%20-%20Elite%20mini%20filter%20&%20extra%20filters%20%28brand%20new%20in%20box%29:%20$5
7252838714_18e83b7c9f_z.jpg

One of their cage set ups (Martin's R680)....
6877627743_07377e795f_z.jpg

I've had probably 150 rats in the past 8 years. I even had a "rat room" dedicated to them. I had to stop getting them because I became overwhelmed wanting to rescue them all. Even at my largest amount, they still all got out of cage time every day and recieved vet care as well as the best food.
I had one rat, Eclaire, who got diagnosed with really aggressive cancer and I was told she wouldn't live another month or 2. I got tumor after tumor removed (she was a trooper and everyone at the vet loved her!) and she lived another 2.5 years. She was the sweetest thing.
I miss my rats but I enjoy being able to spend alot of time with a small amount of animals.

Amy, those boys are drop dead gorgeous. Just...awwww!

Kim, your photos are lovely, but that jar of yoggies one. I think it should be banned, it nearly made my heart stop. It's a health risk, it's just too cute! Seriously, I want to steal that pic, and add your caption, cheezburger style. :D It's just so classic, the look on his face is priceless, the way he's sitting, everything! :D

I don't have rats but every time Amy posts about her rats, especially her two last boys, I always think I would like to hang out with someone who does to get a better feel for them. I have always loved them, but I have always had problems with the smell. People tell me they don't smell much, but I seem particularly sensitive. Awww but Amy's boys are soooooo gorgeous.

Btw, LaylaLop, I think this is the cutest rat picture I have ever seen!

summer07011.jpg

Nela wrote:
I don't have rats but every time Amy posts about her rats, especially her two last boys, I always think I would like to hang out with someone who does to get a better feel for them. I have always loved them, but I have always had problems with the smell. People tell me they don't smell much, but I seem particularly sensitive. Awww but Amy's boys are soooooo gorgeous.

Btw, LaylaLop, I think this is the cutest rat picture I have ever seen!

summer07011.jpg
me too lol looks like he's winking

Latest posts

Back