RaspberrySwirl's Home Thread

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It breaks our heart to tell you that we've lost our Sebastian...

On Saturday evening, Dec. 5th 2009 he crossed the Rainbow Bridge. Our hearts are broken and our home seems much emptier without him.

We truly believe there was no bunny like him. We won't get another one as we feel we would have unreal expectations of another. Seb was SLG's best friend during the years of her illness. He was the only family member that greeted Daddy at 1:00 am each day when he returned from work. The children of the neighborhood would knock on our door to see if Sebastian could play. ;)

He went to soccer games, to school, vacations, camping, walks in the neighborhood and one fabulous trip to the Bunny Boathouse party in Connecticut...

Thankfully he died peacefully. He had no signs of illness or pain in the days before is death and he appeared to be sleeping when we found him.

We had a wonderful funeral for him at our farm. Daddy and Brother dug his grave, SLG put all his toys, his bowl, his blankie, and a few shredded wheat in with him. She wanted to be the one to fill the grave back in with soil. We will have a marker made from limestone that she can place on his grave.

This is the last photo of them together. It was taken a couple days before he passed when they spent the afternoon playing together.

Thanks for all of your love, support and friendship over the years. We have loved being a part of this family.

Raspberry & SLG

IMG_18371-1.jpg

I'm so sorry for your loss. Looking at all Sebastian's picture from your very first page on the blog, he looked like a real character! Such a cutie.

I am very sorry for your family's great loss :( Sebastian was one of the bunnies here that I got to know through your blog, and old funny threads. Thank you for sharing him here... he was a real sweetie.
:hug:

:bigtears:

I'm so sorry about Sebbie, Ras. He'll never be forgotten.

I'm so glad I was able to meet you all at the boathouse party.

Give SLG a hug from us.

Laura

Thanks everyone. SLG has been touched by all your messages. She's doing much better but it sure is lonely and sad to walk into our dining room and not see our little boy...

Ras

Raz, I am truly sorry about Sebby. He is one of my favorites on her with helicopter ears. May he binkie free.

Give SLG a hug from Angel

Good Morning Dear Friends!

I just popped in to reply to a message and couldn't leave without a quick hello! SLG and I think of our Bunny Friends so often. We sure miss Sebastian.

She visits his 'memorial site' on a regular basis and keeps it spruced up. She has big plans for a headstone that she wants to make with her Daddy this summer.

SLG is doing terrific! She appears to be in remission for the 3rd time. If all continues well she will be taken off of all her meds this summer. We are very hopeful as studies show that many teens with JRA go into permanent remission in thier teen years.

We hope all of you are enjoying and snuggling those buns! Give them an ear rub for us!

Razz

(SLG - March 2010)

IMG_2345-1-1.jpg

She is a 'tween' - therefore her standard answer is twelve-and-a-half!

She is a really good kid. Starting goalie on her soccer team. Straight A student, just won an award at her school for outstanding leadership among her peers. She baby-sits and cleans houses to help earn money to pay for the extra's she wans. She's a good one! :)

Wow hi! I read pieces of your blog during your "absence" and I was wondering whether you would come back and update! Glad to hear SLG is so well behaved for a tween ;)

She would blush and say 'Thanks!'

She loves her hot tub! And still loves telling her friends that it was her bunny family that gave it to her! She always tells her girlfriends to bring their suits when they come to stay the night so that they can 'hot tub!'

It gets more social use now than medicinal use, but that's just fine by me. I'm so glad that those days of pain and limited movement seem to be behind us.

Who knows.....maybe it was the hot tub that made a difference in her health. My ex-husband's adult son (20's) had extremely bad arthritis. I not sure if it was JRA or not. Many times he couldn't even get out of bed. He started taking regular hot tubs and it made all the difference in the world.

I'm glad the SLG is doing so well!!

Popped in for a minute this morning and was so tickled to see that some of my old friends are still around!
Was pleased as punch to see Pam Nock online when I signed on!

SLG just redecorated her room and her framed photo of Buck Jones has a special place there (right among the posters of rock and movies stars!). Who would have thought that her relationship with him would have lasted well into her teen years? She’s almost 15 years old now!

She still thinks of Sebastian often. His gravesite is out at our farm. She keeps it up well and puts new flowers on it every few months.

I try to keep my ear to the ground and keep up with some of you a bit. Hope everyone is happy and well.

Love to you all! :big kiss:

Raspberry

Hugs!!! I came back for advice about our new bun, a Flemish Giant, and looked you up. Glad to see you still pop in!! :D

Megan

Latest posts

Back