RaspberrySwirl's Home Thread

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yikes! :shock:

Lots of :pray: for a speedy recovery.

(and :kiss: for SLG and Sebbie)

Poor Razz!!! :shock:

That sounds awful!!

Hope you're being waited on hand,footand shoulder! :nurse:

Don't feel obligated to respond!

:bestwishes:Get well soon!! :airborne:

flowers.gif
flowers.gif
flowers.gif
flowers.gif

I was sketchy on details as I wasn't surehowmuch RS wanted me to say, lol, but if there's one thing Ilearned in my years of riding -- kids bounce. ;)

I hope you get better fast Raspberry so you can get back to posting lots of SLG and Sebastian pictures!;)

I broke my collar broke in a bike crash 11 yearsago, bad break. I was supposed to be off the bike8-12 weeks. I got back on a little at a time in 5weeks. Tood the sling ogg and could not straighten my armout, too a good week of working on that every day. I did myfirst bike race at 8 weeks and at 12 weeks the Dr. told me I could getback on the bike. I got some nasty pictures of the aftermathof the crash I could show you. Luky I did not break my hip.
ed

Hi! :wave:

So sorry I didn't reply sooner, for somereason I didn't receive my "notification" that you posted... and well,I didn't know you cared! :inlove:

I'm doing better. I'm not in a slinganymore, and typing just fine. I still don't sleep well, as there is noreally comfortable way to lay for long. I had my 6 week checkup a couple weeks ago and unfortunately there is no new bone growthyet. :?

The surgeon says to have patience. It was a major fracture on the collarbone

(they didn't check the scapula with a newx-ray) and with all the bits and pieces, the surgery, and um... myage... :whatever

I guess it might takea littlelonger for new bone to start filling in the gaps.

I still can't ride my horse for quite some time. Can't do nuthin'... :X

I have a digital photo of my steelplate! Wanna see it?? Some of my friends think it'sgross... Carolyn flipped out on me, she's such a weenie...:craziness

I told her it was cool, she thinks I'modd. I just meant the "hardware" for crying out loud! But nowshe's making me a cool piece of jewelry cause she feels bad for me!;)You gotta love how that worked out for me! She's such adoll!

Thanks for all the emails and notes ofencouragement and support on the forum! You guys are the best!:hug:

Raspberry

Here's my "new parts" - the photo is kind big- Sorry!

Feb2007CollarboneXray.jpg

I'm glad you're starting to feel better!:hug2:

I think the steel plate is pretty cool. I watched them putone on a dog's leg the other day on Emergency Vets. I wonderif you'll pick up radio signals with it? :ponder:

RAZ !!!!:hug:

HI!!!!:wave:

I'm so glad you're making some progress.
Listen to the Dr.
Listen to you body.
It's still time for you to recoup and take it easy.
Don't over due!!!

You're right ....THE PLATE IS COOL !! Looks like a part from my old Chevy!:D
That's one heck of a fracture too! :shock:

So happy that you're up to posting again!:bunnydance:

How're SLG & Sebs doing?

Hugs to the family!!

~Jim

Mine was broke diagonally the whole length. I thought they would put a plate in but did not.
Ed

It would make a cool necklace when it is taken out!!!
ed

So, Ed... how longago was your accident? Have you ever been the same again?? They aren'ttaking my plate out... It's heavy, it hurts, it gets cold when its coldoutside, I'm uncomfortable laying on my side or stomach, any pressure,on my shoulder and arm hurts like heck... I know some of it will getbetter, but with that thing staying in there, I'm just wondering howmuch of it will always be uncomfortable?

Jim, Seb isFAT! He would tellyou, if he could, that he is just fluffy, but it's not just fluff!Everyone in the house sneaks him shredded wheats each time they go hisway! :XHe is fluffy too, so it adds to the appearanceofroundness! I just got a new shipment of his Oxbow hay inand he is so happy! When it first comes in it smells so good and it'sso fresh and it must be very yummy!

SLG is doing great! We are going to ahorse auction today to see if we can find just the right horse for her.She has started spring soccer and will be startingsoftballsoon too. I'll have to go through my photos andseewhen I posted the latest photo of her and whatI'vegot that's new so you can see how big she isgetting!

OMG, missed the update! And that picis gnarly! :shock: The screws aren't evenstraight! The doctor should have had a carpenter assist.:biggrin:

I've been off finishing my b**k, I've missed a lot, including thebunny-napping list with Sebby on top. But I've been thinkingabout it. And him. And SLG. Andyou! (Ouch!)

I think given the plate, you'll just have to pack it in and move toHawaii where it won't get cold and uncomfortable, that's thesolution. (Then I'll come bunny-sit, even though it will bequite the chore).

Here's hoping that even if you stay put, in six months you'll forgetyou even have it. :) (Just stand clear ofSLG's new horse).

FWIW, could have been worse. Mysis fell off riding,broke her pelvis. :nerves1Getting her out of thebackcountry, onto a helicopter and then onto a dinkycommuterplane loaded via steps from the runway was the funpart.

I thought these days, they didn't need bone, they've got crazyglue. Isn't thatprogress? And yeah, bonegrowth is slow when you're over 30. :lookaround

sas :hug:

Youalways gettheCoolest Picture. Looking at it is painfulthough. I hope it heals quickly and thepain lessens.
The only X-rays of me areprobably of my teeth. :sunshine:
SEB isnot fat. He is just a BIG FLUFFY BUNNY.
SLG is getting another horse? Wish myparentswere like you. Pebbles is my firstpet,which Iwished I got alotearlier in mylife.

Rainbows! :)

The first horsewas mine... and now... well, she isn't very fond of him after theaccident! :?

We got one yesterday! It was a very longday spent at the horse sale but she found a chocolate and white paintpony with blue eyes just like hers!

The two of thembonded out inthe corral (or at least SLG thinks theydid):inlove:So, I'm glad we won the bid! I'll postphotos as soon as I get some.

Latest posts

Back