RaspberrySwirl's Home Thread

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow...your new equine friend isgorgeous!! I just love horses, but have never had the guts toreally approach them. Of course, it doesn't help that myfirst experience with a horse was when I was about four, and I was saton a horse (which was terrifying enough, mind you...horses are GIGANTICto a four-year-old!). Then the horse decided that was a goodtime to sit down (or something to the effect, all I knew was I wasgoin' down, too!).

Needless to say, I still am quite shy about approachinghorses. But my FIL has offered to fly us three (DH, DD, andme) up to Edmonton sometime within the next year and acclimatize me tolarger animals. (I've always been around med-small animals,NOTHING large.) He plans on taking us out into a meadow-typearea, putting out a bale of hay, and sitting next to it, waiting forthe Elk (Moose?) to come right up. He said that in that area,they're still quite tame around people, as they've been given no reasonto fear us. I don't know just how I'll take it, but I lookforward to it! *nervously laughs*

Anyway, what a beautiful horse...I do love their beauty. :D

Maherwoman,

Can I go?

Alicia:sweepThe Maid, The buns Ringo Starr :runningrabbit:, SamanthaJane :apollo:,Connor Grayson:not listening, Teresa Mekare:bunny19,Dallas Jinx :bunny17:, AND THE REST OF THE ZOO CREW!!!

P.s. We need smilies for lops!

Hehe...sure! I hope it winds up beinga good experience. I tell ya what, though...I am NOT going tobe sitting next to that hay bale alone!! :? :shock:

Owwwwwwwwwhttp://www.I think I have arthritis in my one little fingerrealbad. Pretty swollen and sore for about 3 weeks next fingerhas been a little sore. I was hoping a rheumatologist friendof mine would been in town this weekend to look at it. Inever had trouble with it before.

ed

That's not good.:? Is it hot, and red also? Does it tend to be more sore inthe morning?

Those would be indications of arthritis.

There is also another common problem withfingers/joints that I honestly don't know the official name for,however my husband deals with it. He has used his hands forheavy construction work for years and they are just worn out.The doctor says that type of work, or other work that uses the fingersin repeated motions, can cause swollen, sore joints that sometimes"click, pop, or get stuck." Which is what happens to myhusband. I believe it has to do with tendons... It is veryuncomfortable. Usually after a few months it will calm downand then flare back up again in another finger.

Let us know what your doctor friend says.You'll be in our thoughts and prayers. You know thishousehold hates to see anyone else suffer with arthritis!

Hehe...I read that and my first thought is mykitty's favorite blanket. We lovingly named it Horsey becauseit's got a huge picture of a couple of running horses on it...and if wesay it loud like you've written it below, Hobbes (our kitty) will comerunning to lay on it. :)

Hehe...Hobbes is such a card...so much more like a puppy than akitty. Enough so that we call him PuppyCat. :)

I love my one and only son...:inlove:

JimD wrote:
RaspberrySwirl wrote:
Perhaps this is a good timeto introduce my new baby.
HORSIE!!!:inlove:

Its been kind of swollen. I have minorjoint pain from bicycle racing crashes but not like this. Iguess that is why it has me concerned, my thumb joints ache some from acrash back in 97, but this seems to have come on sudden. I doa lot of woodworking and clock repair etc, I don't think itis carpel tunnel since it is my little finger. He usuallycalls me back, he may be back here for Christmas so I will call his oldhouse number. I don't think him and his wife are togetheranymore, never got a good answer and he is in a different statenow. I might just wrap it and immobilize it and see if thathelps.

Ed

Wow, I was going to wish you :happynewyear:

But now I see that I didn't post mh Christmas greeting,either!
5-1.gif

(I always seem to write them up and forget to hit the send button!)

And of course, happy new horsie!!!

smiley_abkt.gif
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y166/snews/emoticons/smiley_abkt.gif[/IMG[/url]]

And now I also have to see how you're doing with the snowstorm! :shock2:It looks awful!

Hope you're all well!

MUCH love to all! :heartbeat:

sas :) and the gang :bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

I just recieved word from RS and she has asked me to say hi for her and that once she is feeling better she will be on to say hi for herself.

She was thrown from a horse a few weeks ago and broke a few bones so typing is not the easiest. And now she's under the weather so she hasn't been up to posting!

Aww...yes, tell her we say hello and send our prayers and love...

:wave::balloons::heart::kiss:<WBR>:bouquet::pray::hug::heartbeat:

Hope to see you soon, RS!!

We&#39;re rootin&#39; for those bones to heal quicker!!!! :party0002:

Thanks for keepingeveryone in the loop Laura. :) And thanks for the well wisheseveryone. SLG was riding double with me when my olderdaughter's horse spooked and then ours did too. Bad news forus. We all ended up in the ambulance, but thankfully my girls werefine. Me- I think my bones are just old! :?Broke mycollar bone and scapula (sp?) and had what they call a floatingshoulder. No bones attaching thearm to the rest of the body.They had to put a steel plate and 9 screws in my collar bone and it's alengthy recovering. Makes for a grumpy Momma! :X

Typing is frustrating - a hunt and peckkind of thing- and that's what I do for a living! It is getting betterthough.

Thanks again for the well wishes!

Raspberry

Agreed!!! :)

I'm glad to hear you guys are okay (generally). Wow...could have been so much worse...

Love to you and yours!! As well as many wishes for a speedy recovery!!
:inlove::sunshine::kiss:

Rosie*

naturestee wrote:
Ooooooooooooooooooch!:nurse:

I'm glad to see you back! Now stay on the horse, would ya?:nod

Latest posts

Back