Raphie's all better!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lbolar

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Ralphie has recovered from his mystery eating disorder. I have to thank all of you for your extremely helpful advice, because to be honest, I'm really not sure if he'd still be here without it! I ended up taking him to the vet and the vet was even mystified as to what it could possibly be. It wasn't his teeth as far as she could tell, and she said I had done a great job keeping him hydrated and fed (thanks to you guys!) She then gave me some miracle stuff called Herbavore Critical Care. It is dehydrated nutrients, fruit and veggies that you reconstitute with water and feed with a heavy duty syringe. That did the trick. He stayed alive without eating or drinking on his own for 5 DAYS! And now he is back to normal. He seems a happier pet too. He has become completely obssessed with my husband after the illness and has jumped on the couch for the first time just to crawl up and give him kisses on the cheek! (maybe he knew he was the one shelling out all the cash for the vet visits and supplies!) We are so happy he's better, so once again thank you so much for all your help!!!!!

Wow - I use Oxbow Critical Care - never heard of that product you used. Can you tell us the brand name or something? I'd like to look for it.

Peg

I believe it's the exact same ingredients as the Oxbow version. I think the vet's office I went to gets it from Oxbow and packages it differently when they give it out, because it's the exact same stuff. A little shady, but i think that's what it is cause everything's the same! It just says "Critical Care" on the container.

Latest posts

Back