Rant!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DyemondRabbitry

Reaction score
Oh boy, do I need to rant!

Let's start with work. First of all, I was a business majoy in school. I love numbers and statistics. AND I'm working for an attorney as a secretary. My boss knew this when he hired me 6 months ago. Why does he now think I should know all about law, forms for filing complaints and all? How would I know that "Ok to file" means check to seehe's attached all exhibits correctly, double check all spelling, make sure he has taken off his notes and has dated everything correctly by going through the entire file and checking each piece? To me, "Ok to file" means file the **** thing! None the less, he goes off the deap end over things such as misspelling a last name in phone message (even just a typo) or thinking that I should know ALL of his clients. For Pete's sake.. I started six months ago, right out of college, the week before I got married and he's been practicing law for 19 years! I'm only 20!!

Now lets go to home. My in-laws live with me. My mother in law is in her sixties and father in law is 73. She seems to think that my husband has to bow down to her every need including planting any flowers she has bought, carrying her groceries into the house, taking out the garbage, moving boxes.... she has absolutely NO independence. Also, the only bill they pay is for groceries and my hubby has complained a couple times about the fact that we never have any meat except for chicken and nothing is homemade when she cooks she she starts going after him for not paying for the groceries. First of all, she still works and her husband gets SS. Wade and I both work full-time and we pay for 2 brand new cars, electric, insurance, gas and all animal supplies (even hers). I mean, we could take over the groceries but I don't think it's fair for them to live there for free. Is it? They moved here from Florida so they could see their grandkids (his half sibling's kids). And oh yeah, I guess my house is not my house as I cannot even do any redecorating. Of course everything was there when they moved in but she has claimed our livingroom suit and really anything she likes. Her daughter is over all the time and she hates me. She has five children who have absolutely no discipline and are spoiled so badly I can't stand it... she comes to do her laundry at our house because SHE can't afford to pay electric. This woman has never worked a day in her life and lives off child support.

Wow... that's getting really long. To top this all off I'm pregnant for the first time, and, even though I'm over the sickness the stress of this is really killing me. Hubby and I have looked for a new house but it would be such a shame because they would get our house along with all the work we've put into it. I just don't know what to do anymore- this is getting so hard. I can't even cook a meal without my mother-in-law that I've done something "wrong" because it isn't how she would do it. My mother and grandmothers taught me to cook. One side of my family is strongly German and the other is Native American so absolutely everything is going to be homemade and that's what I'm used to.....

Please help??

Oh my my, big big hugs to you.

I'm not exactly in the same position as you, but I certainly know how it feels to be in your home without feeling at home because of other family members. I certainly would discuss with my husband and tell him it's time to reclaim our home if I were you. I know what it's like not to be able to get up in the morning, decide you want to cook something without being criticized, or decorate without having to answer to anyone. I certainly don't see why they should be living off of you. I don't know what the understanding was from the begining when they first moved in, btu you certainly don't need the stress and I bet you would love love love having your home back. It's awful not to feel respected in your own home. :(Hugs again, hang in there!

Well, the agreement was because they had a buyer for their farm in Florida and wanted to be able to see their grandkids. Before we got the house Wade was living in a camper on his mother's ex-husband's (yes, I know... it's very screwed up) property during the week and the weekends with my parents and I. We got the house, decorated everything (first thing you do, right?) and they moved in. What makes her think she runs the house though is that we weren't married for another year and my old-fashioned family didn't like the way it looked for me to be in college and living with my boyfriend. So what happened was for that for about six months she lived there and I did not so most of my belongings got moved to the attic or basement or I have no idea where because I can't find them and her's have moved in.

We're trying so hard to find another house but we can't put much down on it when we will have to let them have this one and houses are still priced high here if you need acreage (which we do for the horses-if not for my boys I wouldn't be sane anymore).

Any suggestions on how to make her understand without hurting her? The worst part is that she thinks she's honestly helping me by telling me I do things wrong so I just appear to be more ignorant...

To make this even WORSE- we bought the house but the deed is in their name! They thought that would be best so if something "didn't work out" between my husband and I that they would still have a place to live. Besides that, their income is only about $14,000 a year and they have no savings so if they had to buy their own place they wouldn't be able to afford it. See how we're so stuck???

Well, you need to talk to hubby. The fact that you paid for it and they own it is not good.

You need to find a way to talk to them or something cause it's not a good situation for you and the baby if nothing else.

Living with family never really works ..... at least it's not very easy.

I know. We've tried to discuss this because if something happens to him I don't even have a house. If we don't get a house of our own come spring they're going to deed this back to us but here in PA if we sell before 2 years after that (for whatever reason) we will have to pay capital gains tax on the entire amount. Why they did it this way in the first place I have no idea and it just makes me angry. I deal with this sort of thing everyday with estates and the people who need it get hurt the worst and usually it's the ones who have nothing to do w/ the deceased that end up getting all of the assets/money for one reason or another.

I cannot understand why I am not allowed to act as his wife. Trust me, it's hurting him as much as it is me and they know this but aren't about to do anything. o

I guess we just need to win the lottery, eh???

ugh!

I guess if you can just hold on and try to keep your head - remember they are idiots and ignore them.

You and baby are most important. When are you due?

My niece was going through something similar - her FIL was living with them - he's a drunk and she's due in April. He was driving her batty - leaving the dog out and leaving the house..... poor dog is my dog's sister and was frantic!

they kicked him out LOL!

Latest posts

Back