Rant: My Rabbit is becoming a pain in the tuckus...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our neutered male cat would mark the curtains and furniture, carpet, because someone in the area (actually the new neighbor that moved in) left their cat roam on our property. Our n/boy was fine in the house until our neighbors would allow their cat out at night, and the cat would come near the dryer vent to upset the behavior of our two who were kept in the house! We inquired about this, and supposedly a certain percentage of fixed male cats may still mark with urine. Thankfully people are smarter these days regarding spay and neuter.

An acquaintance who took in a cat had troubles teaching him to not mark on the bed. One of our cats did this as well, mark (i.e. pee on) our daughter's bed.

We can be grateful that humans get smarter as to hormonal behavior of unspayed or unneutered pets. Whew, I recall how much annoyance it was when the bun babies became mature enough to exhibit hormonal behavior.

Let us know how Dortmund does after his castration surgery. OVH or castration surgeries; a benefit for all the obnoxious behavior that comes with male or female genders.

He won't be upset that you proceeded with the beneficial surgery. Perhaps sore for a little while, but I hope you get meloxicam from your DVM to ease with his neuter recovery.

I wasn't mad when our kids were born by C-section, however I appreciated all the kind words and analgesics provided by medical staff to make all (my) surgeries I've had go more smoothly! Kind words to everybun preparing for surgery; Lagomorphs will pick up on your behavior, tone of voice, and TLC.

We are fortunate to live in a time when rabbits can be sp/eutered by rabbit-savvy vets to prevent euthanizations at shelters that occur every minute.

Do your bunnies still hum and circle you to show their affection? We have several sp/eutered rabbits who do this. We have a 13 y.o. boy who thumps loudly soon as his playtime session begins, and his xpen gate is opened. Makes me smile everytime I hear him thump on the carpet.

One of our neutered males would continually hum, buzz, and/or circle hubby's legs - for years and years after he was neutered. He and hubby had a very special bond.

Do your bunnies still hum and circle you to show their affection? We have several sp/eutered rabbits who do this. We have a 13 y.o. boy who thumps loudly soon as his playtime session begins, and his xpen gate is opened. Makes me smile everytime I hear him thump on the carpet.

One of our neutered males would continually hum, buzz, and/or circle hubby's legs - for years and years after he was neutered. He and hubby had a very special bond.

My bunnies still circle around the legs, specially the doe she’s extra loud so no one can miss her and her thumping can wake a vampire out from the grave [emoji5]

Quite glad that behavior dosen’t disappear after being spayed and neutered [emoji4]

Only all the marketing and peeing outside the litter box went away.

Dortmund was humming two days ago. He had surgery yesterday and so I left him alone. He has been unhappy about the cone around his head and the medicine I shoved in his mouth this morning, so I have been giving him his space.

As far as I know Dortmund has only peed outside his litter box once. I plopped him down on my bed while I was using the shop vac to clean out his cage. He huddled in a corner and wet himself and my bed. Totally my fault.

Females do it too! Quinn went unspayed for almost a year due to her weight, and by the time I was able to book her in, she was humping and biting my legs, chasing me around... Ah, what youthful days. She drove me crazy! Thanks for the laugh and the good memories, OP. May your bunny troubles pass quietly.
Sorry to trouble you but was your female bunny spraying you with urine too?

Sorry to trouble you but was your female bunny spraying you with urine too?
You know, I don't actually ever remember her spraying me. She preferred to pee on my territory (the recliners, the bed sheets etc). But never spraying me or my family members directly. Though she was mostly litter trained at that point too so marking was few and far between.

The main problem I had was the biting. I tried everything to get her to focus on something else to hump but my leg was THE THING for her. She was not gentle either. I had to take to wearing jeans and thick socks to get her to leave me alone lol.

You know, I don't actually ever remember her spraying me. She preferred to pee on my territory (the recliners, the bed sheets etc). But never spraying me or my family members directly. Though she was mostly litter trained at that point too so marking was few and far between.

The main problem I had was the biting. I tried everything to get her to focus on something else to hump but my leg was THE THING for her. She was not gentle either. I had to take to wearing jeans and thick socks to get her to leave me alone lol.
Thank you so much for your reply. My female bunny is constantly spraying urine on me that’s why I asked.

Thank you so much for your reply. My female bunny is constantly spraying urine on me that’s why I asked.
That should, realistically, die down when she is spayed. She is trying to mark you. Bunnies can be very possessive! It really just means she loves you.

That should, realistically, die down when she is spayed. She is trying to mark you. Bunnies can be very possessive! It really just means she loves you.
Thank you. I hope it will. She is very beautiful girl and I wish the best for her.

Attachments

• 8DA81ECE-F4F3-4A2A-9928-CBBDA06B8E42.jpeg
    8DA81ECE-F4F3-4A2A-9928-CBBDA06B8E42.jpeg
    139.8 KB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Back