Randomly? Thumping

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cassy315

Reaction score
My bunny has been thumping her back foot. She is fine and goes into her "hiding spot" under my one cabinet and starts thumping her one leg. I know it's a sign of anger/displeasure/fear but there is nothing to indicate she is scared or whatever the case may be. She is all perky and fine until she goes under the cabinet. I even made sure there were no spiders or anything underneath. Could it be cramps or something?

Maybe she just want some more attention or don't like food or want more food or something. Smokey never thumps at me but Bernie does when she is hungry or not happy, Leo does it when he wants a woman and Fred too, or if he heard that Leo thumps he thumps back.

My bun will also thump if he wants my attention. I would just try giving her more head rubs :)

My doe always thump when she’s dissatisfied with something. Like not getting a treat, stop petting her, cleaning her eyes and the list go on.

Sometimes her thumping are a warning before she will bite me, if she dosen’t get what she want.

So many causes can make a rabbit thump.

So it’s perfectly normal [emoji5]

Your bun could also be hearing or smelling something that isn't apparent to you, like a mouse or a cleaning smell, etc.

Thumping aint only a form of anger but happiness and attention seeking also, Peter Bear does that sometimes when he gets his treats and food

I figured what the trigger was. It was the vacuum on in another room. I didn't even notice it until it was used later and she did the same. I feel bad. So I'll just have her play outside when we vacuum

Latest posts

Back