Raised Cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zahrii

Reaction score
I'm getting a Holland lop in the future and I'm thinking about getting a raised cage so I don't have to bend down so much. I'm not sure how high the cage would be raised, maybe 1-3 feet? I know most rabbits don't like being held with one of the reasons being that they don't like being high up. Would a raised cage instigate this fearful/insecure behavior? I was planning on putting stairs or a ramp leading from the cage doors to the ground where the enclosed exercise/run area would be.

It’s different with a hutch and being picked up. Some rabbit’s have no problem running up and down in a ramp other will have a trouble. You can build stairs/ put one box like a platform so the bunny can jump up and down if ramp dosen’t work [emoji4]

So you have nothing to worry about[emoji5]

If you put the cage up 30" (table height), then 2 boxes could make "steps." One of my earlier rabbit's cage was raised about 24" off the floor. I kept a large plastic tote under the cage with bunny supplies. When it was time for exercise, I just slid the tote out to create a 'step.' This way bunny could hop in and out as desired.

If you put the cage up 30" (table height), then 2 boxes could make "steps." One of my earlier rabbit's cage was raised about 24" off the floor. I kept a large plastic tote under the cage with bunny supplies. When it was time for exercise, I just slid the tote out to create a 'step.' This way bunny could hop in and out as desired.
That's a good idea, thank you!

Latest posts

Back