Radar

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipp

Reaction score
Radar was my second bunny. I fostered him in from the rescue org that preceded SARSBC, although I knew they were shutting down, so he was probably going to be with me forever. He had been born at the shelter, and was just under a year old. Nobody had wanted him. I told Kate, the rescue person, to just bring over the bunny least likely to get another home. She called from her cellphone and said she was on her way with Radar. She was so harried trying to re-home all her rabbits, she barely stopped the car.

He wasn't outgoing and loaded with personality and attitude like Pipp, but Radar was a sweetheart -- a plain black rabbit with a bitten nose and a gentle soul. (Apparently at the rescue, he had been making goo-goo eyes at a bunny named Cookie. He stuck his nose through the bars and she practically bit it off. He just blinked a few times and stuck it back in again).

He met his bunny wife, Darry, a year or so later, and it was love at first sight. She bossed him around mercilessly, but he never complained.

He preferred her to people, he was a little shy, but he'd come out and say hello when humans were around. And he liked his pets once he was used to somebody -- as long as you didn't touch his rather mangled nose.

He was only five, but he had slowed down the last few months. I thought it was a respiratory infection, but the vet said no, he wasn't sure what was wrong with him, but his lungs were clear. I thought the antibiotics had cleared up whatever the problem was, but I guess not.

He passed away early this afternoon.

He will be missed. :bigtears:

sas :(

100_1750.jpg

100_1809.jpg

100_20502.jpg

[align=center]
heart.gif

We choose them sometimes they choose us and other times they are given to us.

We bring them home and suddenly learn there is so much more.

We love them and care for them.

We feed them and play with them.

We watch them grow and marvel at the change.

We laugh and enjoy there every move.

We sometimes get annoyed at some of what they do, than they look at us and it is all ok.

We do our best to keep them safe and it is not enough.

We sometimes make the choice for how there life ends and sometimes they choose it.

We love them will all our hearts in the end they know this and that is best of all. They go to the bridge loved when so many others have never known love. They go knowing some day we will see them again and their hearts as well as ours will be whole.

angelsko.jpg

Prayers4.jpg
[/align]

Geez I'm sorry sas ; I had to go to bed after my posting early Am

Ireally had a bad feeling about it then :(
Sorry!

You were sort of stranded with him in bad shape for most of the morning...
The necropsy results will be interesting

Binky free Radar :bigtears:

we're so sorry to hear of your loss of Radar--I sometimes wish I could avoid this area completely and am happy when there are no postings. It's a sad fact of life that we are going to lose our loved pets--but we still would do the rescue no matter as each little fur baby has enriched our lives so much. Mr. B's loss hit especially hard even though you had to be very careful--he was a very aggressive biter and thankfully he was less than two pounds, although the biting and bleeding I received and did were no fun. We knew he didn't have a very nice life before we got him, so it was understandable. It took more than five years for him to calm down although you still couldn't handle him very much. Each rescue has brought us joy and we try to do our best, just like you with Radar. Rest in peace little man and binky free at the bridge-say hi to Cmdr Bun-Bun, Stockton, Mr. B, Mel, Lilly, Nik-Nik, and Bonny for us all.

I'm so sorry, Sas. He went downhill so quickly. He was such a sweet little guy and I know he appreciated all the love and care you gave him. Binky free, Radar.:rainbow:

I'm very sorry for your loss, what a gorgeous boy.

:pray: Binky free Radar :rainbow:

Latest posts

Back