Rachet and Plank

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHEE65

Reaction score
I'm still new to this forum but would like tointroduce my bunnies. They are Rachet the white one and Plankthe black one. They are 5 weeks old and the sweetestbunnies. They have been wonderful additions to ourfamily. Rachet loves to be held and isn't afraid of anythingit seems. Plank is a little more cautious but lets us holdhim for a little while from time to time mostly on his terms.They eat alot for such little guys and they love to play outside intheir playpen. They love to bounce around and are curious ateverything.

I hope the pics turn out okay. This is my first time to post on this forum.

Charlie

Great pictures - good looking bunnies too - hope you share more pictures in the future!

Peg

Thank you. I will try to send updatedpictures of them from time to time. I just love thesebunnies. I can't believe what a joy they are. WhenI have them outside in the mornings when it is still cool out, I justlove to watch them bounce around while I am eating mybreakfast.

Charlie

this is naturestee's husband. I think your newfriends look very cute and hyper (I always liked a bunny with a littlespunk). Tell us if they ever get into any cute trouble, I love to readabout the silly things our bunnies will do.

I will make sure to let you guys know what kindof trouble they get into. So far they do have a lot ofspunk. I think that's why they are so much fun towatch. I put the cardboard core of toilet paper rolls intheir cage and playpen and they like to toss it up in the air which isreally cute to watch.

At first when my dog tracey (she's a minpin) would run outside and barkat something they would huddle in the corner till tracey was done butnow it's like they try to look to see what tracey is barkingat. Brave little critters.

Charlie

Welcome Charlie, :wave:

I love the way little Rachet is hopping in the picture. Glad you found us. Hope you enjoy the forum!

-Carolyn

bluebird wrote:
Nice pictures were did you get that pen the ones i see havelarger holes.bluebird
I got it at Petsmart for $39.99. It's called the "SmallAnimal Playpen". I got it in the Large size. I planto add more panels which can be ordered on the internet. Asthey grow I believe they will need more room. But right nowit's perfect for their size. Today I added a couple of frozen2 liter bottles in the playpen to extend their time out their and theyseemed to love it. They really enjoy being outside.But by noon I have to put them back inside thehouse. They get about 4-6 hours outside per day onnormal days.

Charlie

Thank you so much for all yourcomments. I am glad I found this forum. I lovereading about your rabbits too. Before I signed up I readalot of threads on this forum. It's nice to share theinterest with other people. But I believe that if things gowrong I will also know where to go for advise. You guys seemto really love your bunnies like I do. Thank you again.

Charlie

ayglnu13 wrote:
Hey! Welcome to theforum!

Your bunnies are soooo cute! What breed are they?

Be sure to check out (if you haven't already) the Top picks thread

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=7329&forum_id=1

And click on "Care sheet" there is so much valuable information in there :)

~Amy

I'm not really sure what breed they are. I know for sure theyare mixed. They look mostly like mini-lops. Sorry Ididn't answer your question ealier. forgot:ponder:

Welcome to the forum Chee65,

Your picture turned out well on the post!

Make sure they get water when they are outside andset something up so they can sit in the shade, out of thesun. Looking forward for more pictures!

Rainbows! :angel:

Could it be? I think they are almostlitter trained at least for urine.I decided to take out the aspenbedding from the floor of their cage, it was getting toomessy. It keeps getting caught in their hair then when wepick them up it gets everywhere else. So anyways, I only putthe aspen in their litter box. It was like that all dayyesterday. So when I brought them inside about noon, Inoticed that there was no mess except for the litter box.Then this morning I noticed that most of the poop and all of the urinewas in the litter box. The poop that wasontheoutside of the box, I believewerejust dragged their from their hair. Because it wasn't a wholelot.I am so excited that they are using it. Do youthink they are almost litter trained or just a coincidence?They are only 6 weeks old.

Thanks,
Charlie

Pet_Bunny wrote:
Welcome to the forum Chee65,

Your picture turned out well on the post!

Make sure they get water when they are outside andset something up so they can sit in the shade, out of thesun. Looking forward for more pictures!

Rainbows! :angel:
Yes, definitely I always put their water bottle out there and somehay. I also put an umbrella over it and I also put an oldcloth shower curtain on top of the playpen to make sure unwantedpredators such as big birds and such can't get to them. Myyard is also fully fenced with block walls and a gate so other thanpredators that fly nothing else can get into my yard.

Thanks for the concern,
Charlie

Well, something funny happened today.Since we've had our rabbits for a week and a half now and they don'tseem skittish around us or our dog anymore I decided to let them runaround the living room for a while (I made sure all cords were up)under strict supervision to see what they would do. And alsoto see how my tracey, my dog, would react to having themloose. Well tracey sniffed a little then totally ignoredthem. They loved hopping around and nosing ateverything. They loved to come up to us too. Wellit was time to put them back in their cage before they did their duty,they were in the living room for about 30 min..Well, they didn't want to go back in the cage so we had a hard timecatching them. I would tell my 4 year old son to sit calmlyand let them come to us. Well after a while I decided toleave the room and lo and beholdthey came up to my son and hewas able to pick them up. Here I thought he was the problemnot being able to sit still for a minute, it turned out they didn'twant me to pick them up. Isn't that funny. I'm justglad that they like him enough to let him pick them up. Iguess I'll just have to get over it. :foreheadsmack:

Latest posts

Back