Rabbits Sharing a Hutch

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tally943

Reaction score
So for the last 2 weeks I have kept my rabbits together in their playpen for several hours each day. (for more info look at my first thread a while ago) I know think they are ready to move in together. I will be getting this hutch: http://www.cconly.com/coop__hutches/guinea_pig__rabbit_hutches RH-12. I just wanted to know if I could do anything else before I get the cage to make sure they are ready. Patricks cage is bigger then dollys, should I put her in his cage for a day while I'm home?

I'm not an expert on bonding, so I'm not really sure on the answer. So they've been together for about 3 hours each day? I would personally extend that time to being together for the entire day. I'm not sure about putting them both into Patrick's cage as it's still his personal space and it may upset things, I might wait until you get the new hutch so that it's new neutral territory and neither of them has a claim to it.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge of bonding will add to this one.

I think I agree with Becs in that if they haven´t spent the whole day together then I wouldn´t put them in Patrick´s cage together as he may feel territorial about it and in an enclosed space, it´s more difficult to break up fighting.

I think I´d wait until the new cage arrives so it´s new for both and move them in together there. Just check on them the first few days as they may be a bit nippy sorting out who owns what.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Hey sorry I never kept you guys posted lol, Things have been pretty good with them. I did move her in Patricks cage but they did great together and I never saw any domaince humping (which was wierd) , but then when they moved in thier bigger hutch , Dolly has been domaince humping patrick a lot. But other then that, they are both happy, they sleep together, patrick will clean her, and she normally is the first one to get dibs on the salad in the morning. They are so funny & cute , im glad everything worked out!

Glad to hear they´re getting on fine. Would love to see a photo of the two of them. l love happy bunny couples :spintongue

Latest posts

Back