Rabbits pushing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kayoryan

Reaction score
I'm curious to know if anyone rabbit is constantly pushing on them? My almost 6 month old is always pushing on me. Any time my feet hit touch the ground he's pushing on my leg or foot. He never wants attention or affection while he is doing this.

Hi Kayoryan,
I Am sure you figured he is trying to communicate with you. My 6 1/2 year old does this and often follows me around. I try different things, I offer my hand to smell, sometimes he licks it snd sometimes he bows down for a head or ear scratch. Other times he wants neither so I offer him some kale and if he is looking to eat, he is happy. Rabbits are smart, you can try to train him to tell you some of the more common needs.
My rabbit flips his plate when he is hungry or if he does not like the vegetables he has been served for his meal.
be patient and try different things- check his water, check his nails, offer him a scratch or fresh food. Sounds like you love him and your a great bunny parent Good luck!

In my humble experience,with several rabbits,this is usually a sign that they just want to touch base with you and show they love and accept you as part of their family and world.sometimes it can be very gentle and sometimes quite hard,but the meaning is still the same.think of it like two friends meeting and exchanging a smile and a handshake.there's no big deal about it,it's just reinforcing the bond in a simple,relaxed way.you should take it as a huge compliment.

Latest posts

Back