Rabbits not using litter box after foster bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeslaTheBunny

Reaction score
So I have 2 bunnies, Tesla who is a neutered 2 year old male and Rosie who is a spayed 1 year old female. They were doing fine using their litter box(free range) until I temporarily took in a foster bunny. She lived in a cage in their free roam territory, and I only had her for 3 weeks. During that time Tesla and Rosie stopped using their litter box, and I let it slide thinking they would stop when she left. Well, she has been at her forever home for 1 week now and they have continued to refuse to use their litter box. I have tried to descent the room of the foster bunny, and I even added an extra litter box, but it hasn't worked. Any suggestions?

That's definitely a risk with rabbits and bringing in a new animal. They can get territorial and start wanting to scent mark their territory. It could subside in another week or two, or you may need to do some retraining by confining them in a smaller area using an xpen, then gradually reexpanding their area as their liter box habits return.

Latest posts

Back