rabbit's leg cracking while hopping

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raven123

Reaction score
I've noticed that my bunny, whenever he hops across my room or something his leg will make this cracking noise. It doesn't seem to cause him any pain but he doesn't do any binkies and he doesnt hop onto my bed or chair like my other bunny normally does. He is quite young, he's only 2 years old so I don't know if it could be arthritis. I was just wondering if anyone else has any idea why he's like this.

He could have some pain there and a problem with the joint. Maybe it didn't develop properly and there's a problem with the joint function, or maybe there is some early arthritis. You would need to have an experienced rabbit vet check him out, possibly do some xrays to determine if there is a problem with the leg or joint.

Maybe try a trial period of twice daily meloxicam(NSAID) to see if that helps reduce inflammation and pain, and get your bun being more active again. But if it is arthritis, because he's young I wouldn't want to continue the meloxicam long term as it can affect the kidneys. It's more a temporary measure until you can get other supplements started that may help long term. So it would be good to get switched to more natural arthritis supplements like glucosamine, adequan injections, and msm. There are also things like acupuncture, cold therapy, and laser therapy that some vets are able to try doing as well.

https://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/Arthritis

Latest posts

Back