Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrizzy97

Reaction score
I need helping differentiating healthy rabbit humping from fighting behavior rabbit humping.

My male rabbit (grey) has been neutered for two months now. My female rabbit (blonde-orange) is still only four months so she is too young to get sprayed. They are completely bonded and will snuggle/play together everyday. They never leave each other’s side.

Lately, I noticed them backwards humping and I just want to make sure that is is not a health concern or aggressive fighting behavior. They will start by circling around one another, then one of them will grab the others head and start thrusting. Then the same process will continue and the other rabbit will be the one on top. They are VERY aggressive when doing this. I just want to make sure that it will not hurt them nor be a sign of fighting. It honesty looks extremely inappropriate, but I know rabbits have their own ways of doing things. After this process they chase each other a little and then cuddle next to one another or eat hay with each other.

Please let me know if you think this is normal or if I should be concerned/stop them when this happens.

I took a video for you all, but this forum won’t let me post videos so I screenshotted a couple pictures from the video.
Thank you everyone!! Look forward to hearing your comments.

Attachments

• DBB38612-BC32-4767-8EB4-E47EC9010E65.png
    DBB38612-BC32-4767-8EB4-E47EC9010E65.png
    744.4 KB · Views: 3
  • D80EC0A0-2A4F-42D2-A138-708679C85C2A.png
    D80EC0A0-2A4F-42D2-A138-708679C85C2A.png
    764.3 KB · Views: 3
Videos are permitted. They are on here often. Perhaps the file is too large? Can you upload to youtube and then post the link?

As for the humping, I'd say stop them. They shouldn't even be together until after she is spayed. Allowing them together now only risks an all out hormonal fight which may end up preventing them from bonding later.

Hi, how old is your neutered male?
How long they are together and how long are they with you?

As I understand, he is neutered about two months ago and your female is only 4 months old now.

Generally, you still can't say that they are bonded since she is still a baby at 4 months and only starting getting hormonal as I understand, so they are still baby-bonded but this won't last long.

Humping head is quite dangerous because they can bite genitalia and it can be very serious damage so I would suggest to stop them immediately and separate until she gets spayed and also he is still not ready if he still into humping so I would say he needs more time.

Anyway, she can be spayed soon and after one month after that you can try bonding them again.

Latest posts

Back