Rabbits dying

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clare White

Reaction score
In april we lost mummy bunny and her 2 daughters and in the last 2 days we have lost 2 more of mums babies. I have 6 more and everyone else seems fine can anyone think of something I can do to keep my last boy alive or what it may be causing it concerned as have a mum with new baby ( indoors and nobody allowed bear her if they have been around the others just in case) any suggestions would be great

Are these rabbits outside? If so, what is the temp there? Any symptoms before death? How old are the surviving kits? I would definitely be careful when handling them that you don’t possibly transmit something to the ones inside. It’s hard to know what’s going on without details. Having a necropsy done on one that died also might’ve helped.

They are outside it is windy and not warm here at the moment they have no symptoms Peter was a bit lethargic. I haven't got the 250 pounds to have the body tested unfortunately we have been making sure we don't touch them and then go to other bunnies and they are 8 months old

Are your bunny vaccinated, in Europe/ near by have rabbit diseases that often spreads by mosquitoes, wild bunnies/hares and so on.

If they aren’t vaccinated it can be one of those diseases spreading. I know of breeders losing all their bunnies because of it.

Latest posts

Back