Rabbits dug holes in carpet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allyxoxo

Reaction score
Hello!
So my precious rabbits have dug up holes in the corners of the carpet in my apartment. I’ve been looking for ways to repair it so I don’t get charged for it when leaving in the next month and a half. Anyone have any suggestions how to fix it that isn’t super expensive? Thank you!

I hope you have fixed so your bunny won’t be able to do it again. When bunnies have started they will keep on going. So the carpet won’t get even more destroyed [emoji4]

It depends on how large of an area. If the area isn't too large, it may be possible to have the carpet stretched to edge -- a carpet layer (person who installs carpet) would be able to assess it in a moment. If the area is too large, a matching piece would be needed (as Larry suggested). I know of some people who have used a section of carpet from a closet to use for patching.

I don't know that it's feasible to repair chewed carpet with any degree of ease.

I'd recommend calling professionals in your area who install carpet to get an idea as to what your options are, and if it's cheaper than the deposit. If you try to do a repair yourself that your landlord thinks is poorly done or obvious, they may keep your deposit despite your effort. (This obviously will depend greatly on your lease and many other variables.)

Whatever you do, please post it here in this thread. I'd love to hear how you handled this situation, and I bet others would, too (even if it didn't work out the best) :)

Latest posts

Back