Rabbits bonded themselves

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morgan Madoka

Reaction score
So I'm kind of in a pickle here lol any advice and guidance would be great! Sooooo, I got a female bun for my male bun who is fixed, she is not yet, she will be in a month. So I had a gate to separate them, well she decided to jump over ( I made it really tall and she is a peanut) so I didn't think she could jump over, well she did about a week ago and won't stop. I put her back in when I see her out but now they are totally attached. They eat together, snuggle and play together. Everything I've read about bonding they say to wait until they are both fixed to start bonding but they totally bonded themselves and now I'm too afraid to separate them because they love each other so much what do you think I should do? This is my first time bonding and everything and I just want to do what's best for them.

How old is the female? You may be able to get away with keeping them together depending on her age... ie... if shes already hormonal and eont suddenly hit 4 months and go HELLO PUBERTY.
But you will have to take him to the vet with her and get the vet to keep them together when shes recovering or else she will smell different and he will likely hate her

How old is the female? You may be able to get away with keeping them together depending on her age... ie... if shes already hormonal and eont suddenly hit 4 months and go HELLO PUBERTY.
But you will have to take him to the vet with her and get the vet to keep them together when shes recovering or else she will smell different and he will likely hate her
Thank you for the reply! I will definitely take them to the vet together thanks so much :) she's a little over 1 year just like he is:)

That's great, congratulations! Hopefully they will stay bonded since they are over one year both. Lucky you!

Latest posts

Back