Rabbits and singing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casuallullaby

Reaction score
So, I'm not sure if anyone else has had similar experiences, but it seems that my rabbits respond more positively to my presence when I'm singing along to music.
My first bunny Stevie was always social, but had more pep in her step when there was music or I sang. I recently just picked up a little mini lop boy, 8 weeks old, shy little guy who is having a hard time socializing, but when I sing he seems to be more receptive to my presence.
I just thought this was interesting and wondering if anyone else noticed the same thing.

I was way too embarrassed to bring this topic up, but sometimes when I sing while around Harvey, she will grind her teeth. She likes slow songs sung with a deep voice. If I start a song she doesn't like she will raise her head or hop away. At least that's what it seems like. Don't want to be accused of anthropomorphizing.

I don't really think it's anthropomorphism, rabbits have very sensitive hearing. I think it would make sense that they'd respond to melodies and music. I just wasn't sure if anyone else had noticed it. I think it's interesting considering rabbits have different personalities, if that could coincide with certain types of music, or if most rabbits react accordingly to the same types of music.

Really interested to read this. Never would have thought. Unfortunately I don't have any talent at singing! I do talk with my bunnies with a friendly affectionate tone...I know they don't understand English, but I do hope it makes them comfortable.

Latest posts

Back