Rabbits and Plush toys to groom?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MsJuliet

Reaction score
I read somewhere that buns love having little plush toys to groom and treat like a pet for themselves. I love this idea, and my Chewy has a plastic bunny named Vanilla that she is very attached to and sleeps/sits with it next to her all the time.

I was just wondering if people had heard about this, or had experience with this? It makes me worry about what materials are safe for rabbits to chew and what not.

I've heard about this but my Lily doesn't seem interested in any of the plushies I've given her. Right now she has an adorable stuffed carrot toy that I picked up at PetsMart but she doesn't pay much attention to it.

MsJuliet wrote:
I read somewhere that buns love having little plush toys to groom and treat like a pet for themselves.
My mini-rex Scone had a number of stuffed friends, but he reacted to them very differently.

Two were yellow and sat up much like teddy bears and - how do I put this in a family forum - Scone knew them well in a Biblical sense. It was always comical watching him try to make love to a stuffed bunny four times his size.

scone1368.jpg

The third was last years' Borders Books Easter Bunny - it looked very much like Scone, grey and white, and sat realistically as a rabbit would. Scone adopted Borders Bunny as a friend. He would sit by it and groom it, and he loved to lie down next to Borders.

scone_6038.jpg

I enjoyed hearing these stories. The pictures of Scone with his toys are too cute! I think my Chewy needs a little Boarders bunny for herself.

Latest posts

Back