Rabbitry Update

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaded Night Rabbitry

Reaction score
X3 It's been far too long since I've posted anything, so I took pictures! Obviously that seemed like the best thing to do... :p

Baby News:

Country Field's Beatrix kindled a litter of 7 on May 2nd. 2 were dead on arrival, and I expect to lose one more due to the hippo gene stuffs. This is her second litter, and her second litter at 6 kits+.
I can't remember the pigmentation of the last litter, so I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to end up with. The babies fur is coming in white... But I think that might have happened with the siamese sables from her last litter. I'm almost certain the two darker babies will be the dark, dark siamese sable that I saw last time.
beababie1.jpg

Lots-A-Hop's Seduction kindled her first successful litter, on April 22nd. 6 were born, and lost 2 to the max factor gene. Her last two litters were a litter of 5, for her first, and 1 in her second. She's mothering them great, and they are almost ready to start jumping out of the nest box!
Their coloring is looking good so far, however I have no idea how sable point babies mature. Whether their color lightens, darkens, or stays about the same. Currently, there are two does and two bucks, however I can't remember which is which.
69babies2.jpg

Rainy Hill's Lily is due... Two days ago. If the litter makes it, it will be the only litter from the Himi that I had for a couple months. I think she's going to have two.

Rainier's MT is due May 24th. I haven't palpated yet, but she's proven, and I've seen her babies. I have high hopes for her as a brood doe.

Rabbitry Wins
4/24/10 - Bremerton, WA. Missed the youth show and specialty. Only made it for show B.
Kiddo took BOG. Earned 2nd leg.
Calla took BOV.
Copp took BOSV.
Fatty took 1st.

5/2/10
Kiddo took BOB. Earned 3rd leg.
Cop took BOSG.
Fatty took 1st.
Mamba took last in pet class. (AHAHAHAAA.)

Upcoming Shows
5/15/10 - Canby, OR.
5/29/10 - Portland, OR.
6/26-27/10 - State Convention: Ellensburg, WA.

Now... Culling help?
I suck at posing. And I suck at parting with babies/pets.

So first off. A lot of people I see pose the rabbit up on their feet. Makes their topline look amazing, but shows a smidge of daylight. Then there's people that pose them farther down on their feet. What is the correct way to do it?

Second. I got suggestions from the judge, and it flipped what I was going to do. So I thought I'd ask you, and see if y'all agree with them.

Copp. Keeping as a show doe. I'm expecting decent things from her.
girly.jpg

One of the bucks. Haven't decided if I'm keeping him or the other.
mamba.jpg

The other buck. Which one do y'all like better?
fatty.jpg

And extra fun photos!
Seduction's babies! =D
threecompany.jpg

Nwaaa!
lololol.jpg

Beatrix is CRAZY. Not only did she pull all her chest fur:
bea1-1.jpg

She pulled all the fur down her sides. It's even worse then in this photo. She is bald down her hind legs, most of her side fur is gone, and it's worse on the opposite side.
bea2-1.jpg

And to top it all off, my little BOB winner right after his win. He is not happy to have been in a three day long coop show. XD
kiddo-not-happy.jpg

Thankies for all the help! =D

Congrats on earning kiddo's second and third leg! I see he is so proud of himself :wink lol!! I like the second buck because the first one looks like his body is really long but then my oppinion means nothing because I no nothing about ND's type.

Latest posts

Back